Kevin Fischer is a veteran broadcaster, the recipient of over 150 major journalism awards from the Milwaukee Press Club, the Wisconsin Associated Press, the Northwest Broadcast News Association, the Wisconsin Bar Association, and others. He has been seen and heard on Milwaukee TV and radio stations for over three decades. A longtime aide to state Senate Republicans in the Wisconsin Legislature, Kevin can be seen offering his views on the news on the public affairs program, "InterCHANGE," on Milwaukee Public Television Channel 10, and heard filling in on Newstalk 1130 WISN. He lives with his wife, Jennifer, and their lovely baby daughter, Kyla Audrey, in Franklin.
Ever notice how so many “Christmas” songs have absolutely nothing to do with the holiday?
Let’s look at some examples, shall we?
There’s the 1937 song, “I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm,” sung here by the man who’s re-invented himself by performing tunes older than he is….Rod Stewart.
The late 40's brought us, "Baby It's Cold Outside," and many, many duets have been recorded, including Tom Jones and Cerys Matthews.
In 1945, Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne wrote a love song that never mentions "Christmas," done here by Celtic Woman.
Do you see a pattern developing here?
Songs about winter, bad weather, December.......suddenly they're Christmas songs.
But how do you explain this one?
In the famous movie, it was performed during ..............a thunderstorm.
Here is Lorrie Morgan's version.
Does it really matter?
Love 'em all.
1) The Music of Christmas: Jingle Bells
2) The Music of Christmas: "I am a fine musician"
3) The Music of Christmas: Mary's Boy Child
4) The Music of Christmas - Elvis Style
5) The Music of Christmas: Rudolph
6) The Music of Christmas: The Fat Man is watching
7) The Music of Christmas: "Haul out the holly....."
8) The Music of Christmas: Judy Garland
9) The Music of Christmas: A partridge in a pear tree
10) The Music of Christmas: Disney-style
11) The Music of Christmas: "Snowing and blowing up bushels of fun"
12) The Music of Christmas: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
13) The Music of Christmas: Santa Baby
14) The Music of Christmas: The Best Ever?
15) The Music of Christmas....that has nothing to do with Christmas