Kevin Fischer is a veteran broadcaster, the recipient of over 150 major journalism awards from the Milwaukee Press Club, the Wisconsin Associated Press, the Northwest Broadcast News Association, the Wisconsin Bar Association, and others. He has been seen and heard on Milwaukee TV and radio stations for over three decades. A longtime aide to state Senate Republicans in the Wisconsin Legislature, Kevin can be seen offering his views on the news on the public affairs program, "InterCHANGE," on Milwaukee Public Television Channel 10, and heard filling in on Newstalk 1130 WISN. He lives with his wife, Jennifer, and their lovely young daughter, Kyla Audrey, in Franklin.
I decided not to, but after some thought and hearing from disappointed readers, I resurrecting the blog in a revised fashion. There won’t be the dozens of pictures that typically were posted, but a select number that, in my view, stand out.
It’ll require some work on your part, but I think you’ll enjoy.
1) A Japanese Air Self-Defense Force training plane was washed up by the tsunami and hit a building after an earthquake struck off the coast of north-eastern
2) Once the tsunami waters receded, the extent of the damage was visible, this ferry became stranded atop a building after floating on the waves. The Yomiuri Shimbun/AP
3) A Japanese survivor of the earthquake and tsunami rides his bicycle through the leveled city of
4) Yoshikatsu Hiratsuka grieves in front of wreckage where the body of his mother is buried in Onagawa, northern
5) Nine-year-old Toshihito Aisawa pictured at an evacuation centre in Ishinomaki,
6) Members of the honor guard salute during the changing of the guard, as the last American veteran of World War I, Army Cpl.Frank Buckles lies in honor at Arlington's Memorial Amphitheater Chapel at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Va. , Tuesday, March 15, 2011. Buckles died last month at his Charles Town, W.Va. , home at age 110.
7) The southbound lane of Highway 1 is shown after sliding down the hillside on Wednesday, March 16, 2011 in Big Sur, Calif. Authorities say that the closure came after 40-foot stretch of the highway slid down a hillside shortly after 5 p.m. in an area called Hurricane Point following several days of heavy rains. The Monterey Times Herald reports that CHP said the highway could be closed "potentially several days if not longer. No injuries were reported. (AP Photo/Monterey Herald, Orville Myers)
8) Workers destroy a Lamborghini Gallardo L140 luxury sports car to mark World Consumer Rights Day in
9) A technician climbs into the works of the London 2012 Olympics countdown clock in
10) Sultan Kosen of
11) U.S. Army Spc. Daniel Messina shows off the 69th Infantry's Irish Wolfhound mascot dog at the 250th annual St. Patrick's Day parade March 17, 2011 in
12) Jenna Drenten of Atlanta reacts after kissing a New York firefighter as he marches in Savannah's annual St. Patrick's Day parade Thursday, March 17, 2011 in Savannah, Ga.
13) Justin Quinn, from Goodyear, Arizona, wearing a Leprechaun's uniform in celebration of St. Patrick's Day follows the action between the Chicago White Sox and the Milwaukee Brewers during the spring training game at Maryvale Baseball Park on March 17, 2011 in Phoenix, Arizona. Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
14) A Great Grey Owl is photographed at the Bird Zoo in Marlow, eastern
15) Knut appears with his keeper, the late Thomas Doerflein, in the Berlin Zoo on March 23, 2007.
And in other photo-related news, is VS playing games?