Kevin Fischer is a veteran broadcaster, the recipient of over 150 major journalism awards from the Milwaukee Press Club, the Wisconsin Associated Press, the Northwest Broadcast News Association, the Wisconsin Bar Association, and others. He has been seen and heard on Milwaukee TV and radio stations for over three decades. A longtime aide to state Senate Republicans in the Wisconsin Legislature, Kevin can be seen offering his views on the news on the public affairs program, "InterCHANGE," on Milwaukee Public Television Channel 10, and heard filling in on Newstalk 1130 WISN. He lives with his wife, Jennifer, and their lovely baby daughter, Kyla Audrey, in Franklin.
By guest blogger Thomas Reeves
1. To pay more respect to politicians than to used car salesmen is merely to honor superior artifice.
2. Fiscal responsibility is to leftists what mercy was to the Aztecs.
3. Education is for the willing and able; training is for everyone.
4. Oh, for the knowledge and perception displayed by leaders of both the Left and Right, people who follow the party line in lockstep no matter where it takes them.
5. Students without questions are as damaging to higher education as professors without answers.
6. Realtors exist to make lawyers look good.
7. A toxic culture always assails the Roman Catholic Church; its teachings are the major stumbling block in the march toward moral anarchy.
8. Leaf blowers were created to enable the insensitive to spoil Octobers for the other one percent of the population.
9. The Pelosi Principle: Never trust anyone with a perpetual smile
10. Public licentiousness is not a necessary product of political liberty.
11. When the last mosquito dies, happiness may continue.
12. Without envy, self-serving morality, and illegal drugs, the Left would be but a whisper.
13. Wal-Marts are the cathedrals of secular
14. Loving our neighbors as ourselves is not within our power, especially for those of us who think we are living on the wrong planet. This approach to life must come as a gift from the One who demands it. So too with humility.
15. To explain our existence as a product of mere chance requires immense faith--in nothing more substantial than ourselves or some grand illusion. Only the hopelessly insensitive can live happily on such metaphysical and intellectual gruel.
16. Bikers are bottom feeders, only a half step above terrorists, vandals, advertising executives, and minor league college administrators.
17. Tolerance has no ideological home. Activists in both the far Left and Right share the desire to punish those who disagree with them.
18. "Throw them all out" is an admirable attitude toward every member of the legislative branch in
19. For many old people, memory and remorse are intertwined. This Satanic attack replaces the torments of the flesh and must be resisted fiercely.
20. Open admissions policies in four year colleges and universities should be outlawed on the grounds of cruelty and fraud.
21. Multiculturalism is about historical distortion and self-hatred. Proponents would have us believe that all cultures are equal except one, that of the West, which is allegedly at the root of all contemporary evil.
22. Ignore anyone who says "faith community" instead of church and uses "diversity" more than once an hour.
23. To be raised in a blue collar family almost automatically frees one from the often vicious utopianism that plagues the pampered.
24. The vast majority prefer noise to music and can barely discern the difference.
25. The Carter Principle: Find out what Jimmy recommends and do the exact opposite.
26. Surrender is preferable to appeasement because it takes less time.
27. Reverse discrimination is as evil as its predecessor.
28. Old age: That which still works hurts.
29. Distributing other people's money requires neither wisdom nor courage.
30. Avoid people who do not laugh during "Blazing Saddles" or weep at the conclusion of "Gotterdammerung."
Part Two coming later.
Thomas C. Reeves is a retired UW-System professor living in southeast