Greendale — The historic Village Days celebration in downtown Greendale kicks off at 4 p.m. Friday and lasts through Sunday.
The annual event features a wide array of live music, shopping, beer gardens and food.
A few highlights:
• American Legion Post 416 will hold a corn roast from 4 to 10:30 p.m. Aug. 13, 10 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Aug. 14 and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Aug. 15 at Gazebo Park, corner of Broad Street and Schoolway.
The corn roast includes spit-roasted chicken dinners, roasted corn, hot dogs, baked potatoes and root beer floats.
• The Greendale Library Foundation book sale will be held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Aug. 14 on the lower level of the library.
• Rummage on the Green will be held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 14.
• Saturday Family Movie Night, featuring the movie "Tooth Fairy," will be held at dusk Aug. 14 at the Starr Group Family Entertainment stage.
• The parade will begin at 12:30 p.m. Aug. 15 at Grange and Northway, continue to Broad Street and end at Greendale High School.
• Additional parking and shuttle service from the Southridge Mall south parking lot is available from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Saturday only.
For a complete schedule, visit greendale.org.
- Mark Schaaf
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale's Kirstan Brodie aces ACT
- Police Report: May 21
- Things to Do
- Greendale police arrest boy for graffiti damage
- Tracy Flater named Highland View's next principal
- Police Report: May 14
- In Our Schools: May 14
- Franklin honors outgoing library director
- Franklin High School evacuated due to unusual odor
- Local schools exceed state test results