Greendale Police Capt. Robert Malasuk will serve as interim police chief after Robert Dams' recent retirement.
In a unanimous vote, the Greendale Police and Fire Commission appointed Malasuk to serve as interim police chief during a Dec. 27 meeting. Malasuk will hold the position until a new police chief is chosen by the commission. He will be the interim chief as of 4:01 p.m. Dec. 31, said Police and Fire Commission Chairman David Wilmoth.
"The commission has every confidence that Capt. Malasuk is fully capable and competent to serve as interim chief until a successor to Chief Dams is appointed by the commission," he said.
Malasuk has worked as second-in-command to Chief Dams in the Greendale Police Department, he said.
Sue Zuber, administrative assistant to the Greendale police chief, said Malasuk has been employed by the Greendale Police Department for 23 years. He has been promoted to detective, sergeant, lieutenant and captain, she said.
Village Manager Todd Michaels said Malasuk's salary will increase from $79,935 per year to $84,771 per year while he serves as interim police chief.
Wilmoth said the commission hopes to fill the vacant police chief position by spring of 2011.
Malasuk declined to comment at this time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale Education Foundation announces new calendar raffle fundraiser
- Greendale's Park and Recreation holds contest for new logo
- Greendale police searching for strong-arm robbery suspect
- Greendale police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Honeywell volunteers help repair Greendale veteran's home
- Greendale residents can receive free 'File of Life' documents from Health Department
- Greendale to share fire ladder truck with Hales Corners during emergencies (1)
- Greendale Fire Dept. approved for temporary relocation in safety center basement, village seeks bids (1)
- Greendale police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- Chromebooks add gleam to school year in Greendale