Greendale's Plan Commission on Wednesday gave unanimous preliminary plan approval to Macy's request to renovate space for a two-level department store at Southridge Mall and to Walmart's request to build a new-concept neighborhood retail store at the former U.S. Bowling Congress site, 5301 S. 76th St.
The projects will come before the Board of Trustees on June 21, when the extended Walmart public hearing also will take place.
Preliminary plans for both projects included exterior architectural details and how the structures would fit into their respective business neighborhoods from the perspective of signage, lighting and access. Walmart's plan included rezoning just under two acres of adjoining property that will be acquired from Martin Luther High School, 5201 S. 76th St.
"I'm very pleased with the progress of these projects so far," said Village President John Hermes. "Both of these projects have a regional impact. There are more projects to come. Stay tuned."
- Greendale police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Canterbury earns two School of Merit awards
- Upscale apartments approved for Southridge site in Greendale (1)
- Greendale police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- New Greendale Public Library director announced
- Warrior Dash obstacle course comes to The Rock in Franklin
- Greendale police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- Four with 4.0 in Greendale High School's class of 2016
- Greendale police report: June 9, 2016 issue
- Edgerton Avenue project features sidewalks and wider road