Greendale's Plan Commission on Wednesday gave unanimous preliminary plan approval to Macy's request to renovate space for a two-level department store at Southridge Mall and to Walmart's request to build a new-concept neighborhood retail store at the former U.S. Bowling Congress site, 5301 S. 76th St.
The projects will come before the Board of Trustees on June 21, when the extended Walmart public hearing also will take place.
Preliminary plans for both projects included exterior architectural details and how the structures would fit into their respective business neighborhoods from the perspective of signage, lighting and access. Walmart's plan included rezoning just under two acres of adjoining property that will be acquired from Martin Luther High School, 5201 S. 76th St.
"I'm very pleased with the progress of these projects so far," said Village President John Hermes. "Both of these projects have a regional impact. There are more projects to come. Stay tuned."
- Greendale police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Greendale to celebrate groundbreaking of new fire station
- Greendale 5K run/walk to raise awareness for kidney health
- Broadway star, Greendale native Sarah Pfisterer offers fundraiser concert for marching band
- Greendale police report: April 14, 2016 issue
- Volunteers needed to help spruce up Milwaukee County's historic Trimborn Farm
- Busalacchi defeats incumbents on Greendale Village Board (13)
- Greendale incumbents Slota, Kuzmanovic retain seats on school board
- Greendale police report: April 7, 2016 issue