A 31-year-old Oak Creek man was arrested for hit and run, drug possession and burglary Saturday, all related to crimes he is accused of committing in a 12-hour window.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
Officers responded to a call of a car hitting a bicyclist in the 8900 block of South Chicago Road at 4:25 p.m. Saturday. A witness told police the bicyclist, an 18-year-old man, was riding on the gravel shoulder when a car veered off the road, struck him, then fled. The bicyclist had injuries to his right shin but declined to be taken to a hospital.
The witness gave a vehicle description and plate number to officers, and police pulled the car over on Chicago Road just south of Puetz Road. The driver, a 31-year-old Oak Creek man, was cited for a hit and run involving injury, driving with a suspended license and unsafe lane deviation. The man was taken into custody on two Oak Creek Police Department warrants for retail theft.
While in custody the man was identified as the suspect in a residential burglary that occurred shortly before 1:15 p.m. that day, in which he allegedly stole $600 worth of items from an open garage in the 8300 block of South Chicago Road. Police arrested him for burglary and took him to the Milwaukee County Jail.
At 11:30 p.m., an officer at the county jail noticed the man was digging in his pants with his right hand while he was handcuffed to a bench during processing. He found he was holding a plastic bag with white pills inside. The officer identified the pills as alprazolam, a prescription anti-anxiety medication.
The man was arrested for possession of a Schedule IV narcotic.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Senior Adults invited to Greendale Middle School open house event
- Greendale police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Greendale Community Theatre's 'Spring Awakening' to address teenage issues, self-discovery
- Greendale's 2015 budget includes 1.2 percent increase in tax levy
- Greendale police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Greendale police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Greendale police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Have a 'Dickens of a Christmas' in Greendale on December 5
- Greendale School Board to host special meeting for potential spring election candidates
- Greendale goes Emerald: High School Marching Band earns honors for Oz-based production