Greendale - In an effort to encourage residents to consider becoming a candidate for School Board, the Greendale School District will host a workshop at 5:30 p.m. Dec. 10 at the district office, 6801 Southway.
Those interested in registering should call the office at (414) 423-2700, Ext. 2702, by Dec. 7.
The five-member Greendale School Board will have three positions with three-year terms on the April 2 ballot.
To be on the ballot, candidates must submit the required Declaration of Candidacy and file their Campaign Registration Statement at the district office by 5 p.m. Jan. 2.
The workshop, the School Board Academy, will include presentations about the major operational areas of the district. They are: student achievement, curriculum and instruction, human resources, finance, technology and student services. Additional topics include election procedures and time commitment for board members.
Superintendent John Tharp said the workshop is helpful for those who want to know more about the district and the commitment required of a board member.
"Serving on the board is one of the most important responsibilities that a citizen can undertake," Tharp said. "The job of a board member is a varied and complex position. We want people to know the time commitment."
- Greendale police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Greendale to celebrate groundbreaking of new fire station
- Greendale 5K run/walk to raise awareness for kidney health
- Broadway star, Greendale native Sarah Pfisterer offers fundraiser concert for marching band
- Greendale police report: April 14, 2016 issue
- Volunteers needed to help spruce up Milwaukee County's historic Trimborn Farm
- Busalacchi defeats incumbents on Greendale Village Board (13)
- Greendale incumbents Slota, Kuzmanovic retain seats on school board