Greendale - In an effort to encourage residents to consider becoming a candidate for School Board, the Greendale School District will host a workshop at 5:30 p.m. Dec. 10 at the district office, 6801 Southway.
Those interested in registering should call the office at (414) 423-2700, Ext. 2702, by Dec. 7.
The five-member Greendale School Board will have three positions with three-year terms on the April 2 ballot.
To be on the ballot, candidates must submit the required Declaration of Candidacy and file their Campaign Registration Statement at the district office by 5 p.m. Jan. 2.
The workshop, the School Board Academy, will include presentations about the major operational areas of the district. They are: student achievement, curriculum and instruction, human resources, finance, technology and student services. Additional topics include election procedures and time commitment for board members.
Superintendent John Tharp said the workshop is helpful for those who want to know more about the district and the commitment required of a board member.
"Serving on the board is one of the most important responsibilities that a citizen can undertake," Tharp said. "The job of a board member is a varied and complex position. We want people to know the time commitment."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- YEA! Greendale student program seeks additional business partners
- Milwaukee County Historical Society to host Trimborn Heritage Weekend
- Greendale Marching Band to be featured in Colder's commercial
- Greendale students wage an artful war
- Greendale police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Greendale police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Greendale police report: May 7, 2015 issue
- Spring into Greendale event to be held May 9
- Greendale High School Marching Band earns spot in Macy's prestigious parade (1)
- Greendale voters approve transfer of school district property to village for proposed vet memorial (2)