Greendale - In an effort to encourage residents to consider becoming a candidate for School Board, the Greendale School District will host a workshop at 5:30 p.m. Dec. 10 at the district office, 6801 Southway.
Those interested in registering should call the office at (414) 423-2700, Ext. 2702, by Dec. 7.
The five-member Greendale School Board will have three positions with three-year terms on the April 2 ballot.
To be on the ballot, candidates must submit the required Declaration of Candidacy and file their Campaign Registration Statement at the district office by 5 p.m. Jan. 2.
The workshop, the School Board Academy, will include presentations about the major operational areas of the district. They are: student achievement, curriculum and instruction, human resources, finance, technology and student services. Additional topics include election procedures and time commitment for board members.
Superintendent John Tharp said the workshop is helpful for those who want to know more about the district and the commitment required of a board member.
"Serving on the board is one of the most important responsibilities that a citizen can undertake," Tharp said. "The job of a board member is a varied and complex position. We want people to know the time commitment."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin's EDC remains clouded in political dust-up
- Alverno students learn teaching techniques through Greendale partnership
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Police arrest 1 after neighbors attack each other about 'child behavior'
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Greendale scores 23.9 in ACT assessment
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Veterans memorial falls in face of Greendale School District opposition
- Greendale's Hay Days Fall Festival to be held this Saturday
- Video: Chick-fil-A has returned to roost in Greendale