Beatrice Salo, 82, of Greendale died yesterday after she was struck by a car while crossing the street, according to the Greendale Police Department.
Salo was struck about 7:48 p.m. Dec. 17 as she crossed Grange Avenue at 68th Street. Police officers and emergency medical personnel responded, but she was not responsive, a news release from the Police Department, issued today, states.
The driver of the vehicle, a 21-year-old West Allis man, is a delivery person who was working at the time, the release states. He told police that Salo was in the intersection, and that he had a green light. There is no indication that alcohol or controlled substances are involved.
Video surveillance from a traffic video camera shows Salo crossing Grange Avenue in the crosswalk wearing dark clothing. The traffic control signal for Grange Avenue was green as indicated by the driver.
There were no witnesses, but the Greendale Police Department investigation continues.
The Wisconsin State Patrol was called in for an accident reconstruction.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale Education Foundation announces new calendar raffle fundraiser
- Greendale's Park and Recreation holds contest for new logo
- Greendale police searching for strong-arm robbery suspect
- Greendale police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Honeywell volunteers help repair Greendale veteran's home
- Greendale residents can receive free 'File of Life' documents from Health Department
- Greendale to share fire ladder truck with Hales Corners during emergencies (1)
- Greendale Fire Dept. approved for temporary relocation in safety center basement, village seeks bids (1)
- Greendale police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- Chromebooks add gleam to school year in Greendale