Beatrice Salo, 82, of Greendale died yesterday after she was struck by a car while crossing the street, according to the Greendale Police Department.
Salo was struck about 7:48 p.m. Dec. 17 as she crossed Grange Avenue at 68th Street. Police officers and emergency medical personnel responded, but she was not responsive, a news release from the Police Department, issued today, states.
The driver of the vehicle, a 21-year-old West Allis man, is a delivery person who was working at the time, the release states. He told police that Salo was in the intersection, and that he had a green light. There is no indication that alcohol or controlled substances are involved.
Video surveillance from a traffic video camera shows Salo crossing Grange Avenue in the crosswalk wearing dark clothing. The traffic control signal for Grange Avenue was green as indicated by the driver.
There were no witnesses, but the Greendale Police Department investigation continues.
The Wisconsin State Patrol was called in for an accident reconstruction.
- Greendale police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Greendale to celebrate groundbreaking of new fire station
- Greendale 5K run/walk to raise awareness for kidney health
- Broadway star, Greendale native Sarah Pfisterer offers fundraiser concert for marching band
- Greendale police report: April 14, 2016 issue
- Volunteers needed to help spruce up Milwaukee County's historic Trimborn Farm
- Busalacchi defeats incumbents on Greendale Village Board (13)
- Greendale incumbents Slota, Kuzmanovic retain seats on school board