Beatrice Salo, 82, of Greendale died yesterday after she was struck by a car while crossing the street, according to the Greendale Police Department.
Salo was struck about 7:48 p.m. Dec. 17 as she crossed Grange Avenue at 68th Street. Police officers and emergency medical personnel responded, but she was not responsive, a news release from the Police Department, issued today, states.
The driver of the vehicle, a 21-year-old West Allis man, is a delivery person who was working at the time, the release states. He told police that Salo was in the intersection, and that he had a green light. There is no indication that alcohol or controlled substances are involved.
Video surveillance from a traffic video camera shows Salo crossing Grange Avenue in the crosswalk wearing dark clothing. The traffic control signal for Grange Avenue was green as indicated by the driver.
There were no witnesses, but the Greendale Police Department investigation continues.
The Wisconsin State Patrol was called in for an accident reconstruction.
- Greendale police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Canterbury earns two School of Merit awards
- Upscale apartments approved for Southridge site in Greendale (1)
- Greendale police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- New Greendale Public Library director announced
- Warrior Dash obstacle course comes to The Rock in Franklin
- Greendale police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- Four with 4.0 in Greendale High School's class of 2016
- Greendale police report: June 9, 2016 issue
- Edgerton Avenue project features sidewalks and wider road