Beatrice Salo, 82, of Greendale died yesterday after she was struck by a car while crossing the street, according to the Greendale Police Department.
Salo was struck about 7:48 p.m. Dec. 17 as she crossed Grange Avenue at 68th Street. Police officers and emergency medical personnel responded, but she was not responsive, a news release from the Police Department, issued today, states.
The driver of the vehicle, a 21-year-old West Allis man, is a delivery person who was working at the time, the release states. He told police that Salo was in the intersection, and that he had a green light. There is no indication that alcohol or controlled substances are involved.
Video surveillance from a traffic video camera shows Salo crossing Grange Avenue in the crosswalk wearing dark clothing. The traffic control signal for Grange Avenue was green as indicated by the driver.
There were no witnesses, but the Greendale Police Department investigation continues.
The Wisconsin State Patrol was called in for an accident reconstruction.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Southridge Mall announces Eddie Bauer addition
- Greendale burglar tackled by village president after 7-hour manhunt on Broad Street
- Construction begins on Shorewood Metro Market project
- Greendale police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- Tickets now on sale for Greendale High School's 'Guys and Dolls' spring musical
- Colleen Perry named Educator of the Year by Greendale Chamber of Commerce
- Greendale's John Tharp seeks new job with West Allis-West Milwaukee Public Schools
- Voters in Oak Creek-Franklin and Greendale decide candidates for April 7 election
- Four Greendale School Board candidates will vie for two seats in general election
- Greendale police report: Feb. 19, 2015, issue