Greendale's new Walmart, located at the former American Bowling Congress site, 5301 S. 76th St., is slated to open at 7:30 a.m. Jan. 23, according to a company news release.
The 90,000-square-foot store will be open from 6 a.m. to midnight seven days a week. It will feature a grocery section alongside its merchandise. Other options include a bakery, deli and pharmacy.
Walmart plans on contributing $5,000 in grants from its Walmart Foundation to local organizations including the Greendale Police Department, public library and schools at the grand opening, the release states.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale High School to host regional FBLA leadership conference
- Greendale police report: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- Robert Sweetgall, the 'real Forrest Gump,' to lead two public sessions in Greendale
- Private meetings regarding Greendale School District's John Tharp sparks concern
- Ferch's Malt Shoppe and Grille in Greendale unveils new theater room
- Greendale police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Forum evaluates six Greendale School Board candidates entering primary election
- Man arrested for burglarizing multiple Fountain Apartments
- Greendale police report: Jan. 15, 2015 issue
- Greendale Village President John Hermes will not run for re-election