Greendale's new Walmart, located at the former American Bowling Congress site, 5301 S. 76th St., is slated to open at 7:30 a.m. Jan. 23, according to a company news release.
The 90,000-square-foot store will be open from 6 a.m. to midnight seven days a week. It will feature a grocery section alongside its merchandise. Other options include a bakery, deli and pharmacy.
Walmart plans on contributing $5,000 in grants from its Walmart Foundation to local organizations including the Greendale Police Department, public library and schools at the grand opening, the release states.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Greendale Community Theatre's 'Spring Awakening' to address teenage issues, self-discovery
- Greendale's 2015 budget includes 1.2 percent increase in tax levy
- Greendale police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Greendale police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Greendale police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Have a 'Dickens of a Christmas' in Greendale on December 5
- Greendale School Board to host special meeting for potential spring election candidates
- Greendale goes Emerald: High School Marching Band earns honors for Oz-based production
- American flags raised in support of veterans memorial to be removed during Greendale ceremony