Greendale's new Walmart, located at the former American Bowling Congress site, 5301 S. 76th St., is slated to open at 7:30 a.m. Jan. 23, according to a company news release.
The 90,000-square-foot store will be open from 6 a.m. to midnight seven days a week. It will feature a grocery section alongside its merchandise. Other options include a bakery, deli and pharmacy.
Walmart plans on contributing $5,000 in grants from its Walmart Foundation to local organizations including the Greendale Police Department, public library and schools at the grand opening, the release states.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale Gallery Night set for Oct. 16
- Greendale officially opens historic Hose Tower, new community center Oct. 25 (2)
- Greendale police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue (1)
- Umbrella-wielding man prompts lockdown at Greendale school
- Greendale police report: Sept. 24, 2015 issue
- Greendale's Hay Days Fall Festival begins Saturday morning
- Greendale School District's preliminary budget includes lower tax levy, tax rate (1)
- Lockdowns lifted from Canterbury, Greendale elementary schools
- Nominations now accepted for Greendale High School's Athletics Hall of Fame
- Greendale officials bury time capsule commemorating village's 75th anniversary (6)