Greendale's new Walmart, located at the former American Bowling Congress site, 5301 S. 76th St., is slated to open at 7:30 a.m. Jan. 23, according to a company news release.
The 90,000-square-foot store will be open from 6 a.m. to midnight seven days a week. It will feature a grocery section alongside its merchandise. Other options include a bakery, deli and pharmacy.
Walmart plans on contributing $5,000 in grants from its Walmart Foundation to local organizations including the Greendale Police Department, public library and schools at the grand opening, the release states.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale High School holds first induction ceremony to new Athletic Hall of Fame
- Greendale cupcake business on hiatus to advocate for statewide 'Cookie Bill' (6)
- Greendale police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Greendale School District announces names of candidates for superintendent position
- Greendale's annual 'I Left My Heart on Broad Street' to be held Feb. 13
- Southridge Mall to grant scholarships for nearby high school seniors, now accepting applications
- Southridge Mall's Starbucks closed for renovation, McDonald's closed for good (1)
- Early work begins on memorial site in Greendale (1)
- Greendale police report: Jan. 28, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek Chick-fil-A scheduled for March opening