Greendale's new Walmart, located at the former American Bowling Congress site, 5301 S. 76th St., is slated to open at 7:30 a.m. Jan. 23, according to a company news release.
The 90,000-square-foot store will be open from 6 a.m. to midnight seven days a week. It will feature a grocery section alongside its merchandise. Other options include a bakery, deli and pharmacy.
Walmart plans on contributing $5,000 in grants from its Walmart Foundation to local organizations including the Greendale Police Department, public library and schools at the grand opening, the release states.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin's EDC remains clouded in political dust-up
- Alverno students learn teaching techniques through Greendale partnership
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Police arrest 1 after neighbors attack each other about 'child behavior'
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Greendale scores 23.9 in ACT assessment
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Veterans memorial falls in face of Greendale School District opposition
- Greendale's Hay Days Fall Festival to be held this Saturday
- Video: Chick-fil-A has returned to roost in Greendale