Greendale public schools hires new communication director
Kitty Goyette, village resident, will fill the vacancy left by Bill Attewell
Greendale's new information director wants to listen and learn as well as provide school updates on all social media platforms.
A graduate of Marquette University with a bachelor's degree in public relations and with more than 20 years of experience in the field, Kitty Goyette has made the transition from the corporate world to the public schools domain. This is her first public schools job.
Goyette, save for her four years of college, has been a lifetime resident of Greendale. She lives in the home she was raised in, having moved there from a Greendale Original she and her husband purchased in 1994.
She has two sons who graduated from Greendale High School, one son who is a freshman at the school and a son who will attend GHS next year. She has volunteered in numerous parent organizations.
"It's an honor for me to be part of the district and use my expertise as a communicator to get the message out to all the audiences we're affiliated with and trying to reach," Goyette said.
While the communications director position was officially vacant for some time, Bill Attewell, former technology coordinator for the district, filled in.
Goyette sees her role as first understanding the district's communication goals and needs and then implementing strategies to meet those needs. She has spent her first two weeks primarily figuring out the school system, touring schools and learning how Greendale communicates. She plans on using that knowledge to spread information via the Internet, newspapers and other means.
"I think that we need to make sure that we're communicating in the best possible manner," Superintendant John Tharp said. "This is a critical position to us to make sure that we are getting our information out because parents and community members want to know what's going on and we have to make sure that we're telling them."
Her biggest challenge, according to Goyette, is in understanding the ins and outs of the school district.
"I'm looking to learn more about my community and the other things that I might not have been aware of going into the schools with my limited experience," she said, referencing her experience in corporate settings.
Just the facts
WHO: Kitty Goyette
WHAT: Hired as the new information director
WHERE: Greendale Public Schools
WHEN: Feb. 6
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale police report: March 5, 2015 issue
- Southridge Mall announces Eddie Bauer addition
- Greendale burglar tackled by village president after 7-hour manhunt on Broad Street
- Construction begins on Shorewood Metro Market project
- Greendale police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- Tickets now on sale for Greendale High School's 'Guys and Dolls' spring musical
- Colleen Perry named Educator of the Year by Greendale Chamber of Commerce
- Greendale superintendent John Tharp still in consideration for West Allis job
- Voters in Oak Creek-Franklin and Greendale decide candidates for April 7 election
- Four Greendale School Board candidates will vie for two seats in general election