Hales Corners - The village is bracing itself for the impending invasion of emerald ash borer, an invasive insect known to destroy ash trees.
The Committee of the Whole approved a motion to update the village tree inventory and develop a strategy to deal with the infestation when it comes.
Although there are no official reports of EAB in the village, Village Manager Michael Weber said it is just a matter of time before the bug is found in Hales Corners.
"In all likelihood they're already here," he said.
The village has ash trees in its parks and public rights of way. Village staff members will count the total number of trees and decide what to do with them in preparation for the insect's arrival.
- Greendale police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Greendale's Canterbury Elementary enters recycling contest to win new playground
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Race to the Parade fundraiser benefits Greendale marching band
- Greendale police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Greendale to celebrate groundbreaking of new fire station