Hales Corners - The village is bracing itself for the impending invasion of emerald ash borer, an invasive insect known to destroy ash trees.
The Committee of the Whole approved a motion to update the village tree inventory and develop a strategy to deal with the infestation when it comes.
Although there are no official reports of EAB in the village, Village Manager Michael Weber said it is just a matter of time before the bug is found in Hales Corners.
"In all likelihood they're already here," he said.
The village has ash trees in its parks and public rights of way. Village staff members will count the total number of trees and decide what to do with them in preparation for the insect's arrival.
- Greendale police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Southridge Mall adding 5 new attractions
- 'Little Mermaid' swims into Greendale Community Theatre
- Greendale police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Blood drive at Southridge Mall July 22
- Ordinance allows for split shifts for election officials in Greendale
- Greendale police report: July 14, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: July 7, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Canterbury earns two School of Merit awards