Hales Corners - The village is bracing itself for the impending invasion of emerald ash borer, an invasive insect known to destroy ash trees.
The Committee of the Whole approved a motion to update the village tree inventory and develop a strategy to deal with the infestation when it comes.
Although there are no official reports of EAB in the village, Village Manager Michael Weber said it is just a matter of time before the bug is found in Hales Corners.
"In all likelihood they're already here," he said.
The village has ash trees in its parks and public rights of way. Village staff members will count the total number of trees and decide what to do with them in preparation for the insect's arrival.
- Greendale police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Canterbury earns two School of Merit awards
- Upscale apartments approved for Southridge site in Greendale (1)
- Greendale police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- New Greendale Public Library director announced
- Warrior Dash obstacle course comes to The Rock in Franklin
- Greendale police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- Four with 4.0 in Greendale High School's class of 2016
- Greendale police report: June 9, 2016 issue
- Edgerton Avenue project features sidewalks and wider road