Hales Corners - The village is bracing itself for the impending invasion of emerald ash borer, an invasive insect known to destroy ash trees.
The Committee of the Whole approved a motion to update the village tree inventory and develop a strategy to deal with the infestation when it comes.
Although there are no official reports of EAB in the village, Village Manager Michael Weber said it is just a matter of time before the bug is found in Hales Corners.
"In all likelihood they're already here," he said.
The village has ash trees in its parks and public rights of way. Village staff members will count the total number of trees and decide what to do with them in preparation for the insect's arrival.
- Greendale police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Greendale to celebrate groundbreaking of new fire station
- Greendale 5K run/walk to raise awareness for kidney health
- Broadway star, Greendale native Sarah Pfisterer offers fundraiser concert for marching band
- Greendale police report: April 14, 2016 issue
- Volunteers needed to help spruce up Milwaukee County's historic Trimborn Farm
- Busalacchi defeats incumbents on Greendale Village Board (13)
- Greendale incumbents Slota, Kuzmanovic retain seats on school board
- Greendale police report: April 7, 2016 issue