Police say Greendale man facing charges for randomly punching teens on Summerfest shuttle
An intoxicated Greendale man is facing multiple charges after he allegedly punched three teens in the face for no apparent reason while riding on a Milwaukee County Transit Summerfest shuttle bus on June 28.
According to the police report:
Police interviewed multiple witnesses who stated that Kyle Kubiak, 21, got agitated, started yelling profanities about police and then punched a teenage girl in the face for no apparent reason as the bus pulled into the Hales Corners Park-and-Ride lot at 4800 S. 108th St. in Greenfield at about 11:10 p.m.
Two friends of the victim, a boy and a girl, tried to come to the girl's aid, but were also punched in the face by Kubiak before two other bus riders forced him back into his seat and held him there until police boarded the bus.
A Greenfield police officer, who was monitoring the Hales Corners lot as bus passengers were being dropped, was flagged down by the driver. Kubiak was quickly removed from the bus by police, handcuffed, and taken into custody.
All three teen victims suffered face swelling and bruises but refused ambulance transport.
Kubiak, who told police he had 10 drinks and shared 1.75 liters of vodka with his friends, was transported to the Police Department, where he blew a 0.27 blood alcohol content level on the intoximeter.
While in a group holding cell, Kubiak attempted to pull a toilet off the wall and damaged a security camera. In an interview room, he disrobed and urinated.
Kubiak was charged with three counts of battery and one count of disorderly conduct in the district attorney's office on July 1. His initial court appearance is scheduled for July 30.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Southridge Mall announces Eddie Bauer addition
- Greendale burglar tackled by village president after 7-hour manhunt on Broad Street
- Construction begins on Shorewood Metro Market project
- Greendale police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- Tickets now on sale for Greendale High School's 'Guys and Dolls' spring musical
- Colleen Perry named Educator of the Year by Greendale Chamber of Commerce
- Greendale's John Tharp seeks new job with West Allis-West Milwaukee Public Schools
- Voters in Oak Creek-Franklin and Greendale decide candidates for April 7 election
- Four Greendale School Board candidates will vie for two seats in general election
- Greendale police report: Feb. 19, 2015, issue