Oak Creek police warned a driver for tailgating after he said he was hurrying to get home because he didn't want his fish fry to get cold.
According to the police report, which was released this week:
A motorist called police to report the driver of a Gold Windstar was tailgating her, passed her on 13th Street at Willow Drive, then continued to tailgate other vehicles, causing hazardous driving conditions for other drivers, about 5 p.m. July 26.
Police stopped the driver, who said he was in a hurry to get home because he didn't want his fish fry to get cold, but the driver didn't admit to tailgating.
The officer warned the driver about the complaint and that further complaints would result in citations.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Dec. 5
- Jake's Deli to open in Southridge Mall this month
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- Dickens of a Christmas returns to village
- Greendale man charged with groping deputy in Whitnall Park sex sting
- Police Report: Nov. 26
- Greendale vs. Monona Grove photo gallery now online
- Read social media story of Greendale's Division 3 football state title game
- Performance group promotes understanding, peer support
- Rodriguez wins District 21 election (1)