A Milwaukee man is accused of stealing more than $86,000 worth of copper and brass from his Franklin employer between August and Dec. 16.
According to the Franklin police report:
The 27-year-old employee at Meltric Corp., 4640 W. Ironwood Drive, loaded thousands of brass and copper components onto a cart and pushed the cart into the parking lot about 7:50 p.m. Dec. 16. A company representative valued the components at $31,936.
While investigating the theft, police and company officials determined the same employee also was responsible for stealing about $56,000 worth of brass and copper between August and the end of October.
Franklin police arrested the man at his Milwaukee home, where they also found a large amount of oxycodone and marijuana in his possession.
In addition, a 36-year-old woman was arrested for being party to a theft from a business setting. She was taken into custody, booked and released.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale School Board Academy to be held for prospective spring election candidates
- Greendale police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Greendale trustees raise tax levy 1 percent, bump up budget by 45 percent to construct fire station (4)
- Greendale police report: Nov. 19, 2015 issue
- Greendale's first fire engine, which entered service in 1938, returns home (10)
- Greendale Marching Band holds fundraiser for parade trip
- Greendale Assessor's Office to photograph homes, businesses for 2016 study (2)
- Greendale police report: Nov. 12, 2015 issue
- Greendale's tree lighting ceremony scheduled for Nov. 27
- Santa Claus to arrive early at Southridge Mall this weekend