A Milwaukee man is accused of stealing more than $86,000 worth of copper and brass from his Franklin employer between August and Dec. 16.
According to the Franklin police report:
The 27-year-old employee at Meltric Corp., 4640 W. Ironwood Drive, loaded thousands of brass and copper components onto a cart and pushed the cart into the parking lot about 7:50 p.m. Dec. 16. A company representative valued the components at $31,936.
While investigating the theft, police and company officials determined the same employee also was responsible for stealing about $56,000 worth of brass and copper between August and the end of October.
Franklin police arrested the man at his Milwaukee home, where they also found a large amount of oxycodone and marijuana in his possession.
In addition, a 36-year-old woman was arrested for being party to a theft from a business setting. She was taken into custody, booked and released.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale School Board to host special meeting for potential spring election candidates
- Greendale goes Emerald: High School Marching Band earns honors for Oz-based production
- American flags raised in support of veterans memorial to be removed during Greendale ceremony
- Greendale police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Greendale's annual Tree Lighting Ceremony set for November 28
- Greendale High School's FBLA chapter hosts 'Walk for Wellness' fundraiser for March of Dimes
- Greendale approves construction of new fire station, weighs site options
- West Bend man accused of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old Waukesha girl
- Greendale police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Good to the Bone: Commemorative police department motorcycle in Greendale recognized by national trade magazines