A Milwaukee man is accused of stealing more than $86,000 worth of copper and brass from his Franklin employer between August and Dec. 16.
According to the Franklin police report:
The 27-year-old employee at Meltric Corp., 4640 W. Ironwood Drive, loaded thousands of brass and copper components onto a cart and pushed the cart into the parking lot about 7:50 p.m. Dec. 16. A company representative valued the components at $31,936.
While investigating the theft, police and company officials determined the same employee also was responsible for stealing about $56,000 worth of brass and copper between August and the end of October.
Franklin police arrested the man at his Milwaukee home, where they also found a large amount of oxycodone and marijuana in his possession.
In addition, a 36-year-old woman was arrested for being party to a theft from a business setting. She was taken into custody, booked and released.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale Gallery Night set for Oct. 16
- Greendale officially opens historic Hose Tower, new community center Oct. 25 (1)
- Greendale police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue (1)
- Umbrella-wielding man prompts lockdown at Greendale school
- Greendale police report: Sept. 24, 2015 issue
- Greendale's Hay Days Fall Festival begins Saturday morning
- Greendale School District's preliminary budget includes lower tax levy, tax rate (1)
- Lockdowns lifted from Canterbury, Greendale elementary schools
- Nominations now accepted for Greendale High School's Athletics Hall of Fame
- Greendale officials bury time capsule commemorating village's 75th anniversary (6)