A Milwaukee man is accused of stealing more than $86,000 worth of copper and brass from his Franklin employer between August and Dec. 16.
According to the Franklin police report:
The 27-year-old employee at Meltric Corp., 4640 W. Ironwood Drive, loaded thousands of brass and copper components onto a cart and pushed the cart into the parking lot about 7:50 p.m. Dec. 16. A company representative valued the components at $31,936.
While investigating the theft, police and company officials determined the same employee also was responsible for stealing about $56,000 worth of brass and copper between August and the end of October.
Franklin police arrested the man at his Milwaukee home, where they also found a large amount of oxycodone and marijuana in his possession.
In addition, a 36-year-old woman was arrested for being party to a theft from a business setting. She was taken into custody, booked and released.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: July 31, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police reports July 21 to 27
- Former Timber Wolf Preservation property has a new owner looking to sell, lease
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Referendum will decide voting sites in Greendale
- Greendale School District retreats from veterans memorial, for now
- Greendale Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- A room of her own
- Concerns about polling places in schools leads to referendum question
- Greendale Police Report: July 10, 2014 issue