The Greendale School District announced that all public schools will be closed Monday due to dangerously low temperatures in the forecast, Communications Director Kitty Goyette said in an email.
Greendale is just one of several school districts across the Milwaukee area that has chosen to cancel class on Monday because of concerns regarding a wind chill warning issued by the National Weather Service.
According to www.weather.com, the expected high on Monday will be approximately 13 degrees below zero.
"We're getting the word out now," Goyette said, in regards to notifying parents.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale Village Days kicks off on Friday (3)
- Greendale School Board names new interim superintendent (2)
- Greendale man drowns in Minnesota boating accident
- Greendale police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- St. Alphonsus Parish to host 'Feast on the Blacktop'
- Village of Greendale takes ownership of land proposed for veterans memorial (4)
- Greendale police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- Greendale Community Theatre throws a musical 'Parade'
- Greendale Parks and Rec Committee calls for applications to fill vacant position (6)
- Greendale's original, defunct water tower comes down (3)