The Greendale School District announced that all public schools will be closed Monday due to dangerously low temperatures in the forecast, Communications Director Kitty Goyette said in an email.
Greendale is just one of several school districts across the Milwaukee area that has chosen to cancel class on Monday because of concerns regarding a wind chill warning issued by the National Weather Service.
According to www.weather.com, the expected high on Monday will be approximately 13 degrees below zero.
"We're getting the word out now," Goyette said, in regards to notifying parents.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Spring into Greendale event to be held May 9
- Greendale High School Marching Band to appear in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (1)
- Greendale voters approve transfer of school district property to village for proposed vet memorial (2)
- Brookfield man OK in Nepal, according to email sent to parents
- Hales Corners police report: April 30, 2015 issue
- Early morning vandal trashes Southwood Glen Elementary School in Franklin
- Greendale police report: April 30, 2015 issue
- Village of Greendale now accepting applicants for trustee vacancy
- Saint Stephen The Martyr Lutheran Church celebrates 50 years
- Greendale police report: April 23, 2015 issue