The Franklin School District is still considering whether or not to close its schools Monday, said Communications Coordinator Meghan Dade in an email Friday evening.
Several school districts across the Milwaukee area have already chosen to cancel class on Monday because of concerns regarding a wind chill warning issued by the National Weather Service.
According to www.weather.com, the expected high on Monday will be approximately 13 degrees below zero.
"We are monitoring the news and weather reports and will continue to coordinate with other suburban districts on their status," Dade wrote. "If schools were to be closed, all parents would be notified via phone and email. Other places to check for updates are our district website, Twitter and Facebook."
The district's website can be reached at www.franklin.k12.wi.us/.
- Greendale police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Greendale to celebrate groundbreaking of new fire station
- Greendale 5K run/walk to raise awareness for kidney health
- Broadway star, Greendale native Sarah Pfisterer offers fundraiser concert for marching band
- Greendale police report: April 14, 2016 issue
- Volunteers needed to help spruce up Milwaukee County's historic Trimborn Farm
- Busalacchi defeats incumbents on Greendale Village Board (13)
- Greendale incumbents Slota, Kuzmanovic retain seats on school board
- Greendale police report: April 7, 2016 issue