The Franklin School District is still considering whether or not to close its schools Monday, said Communications Coordinator Meghan Dade in an email Friday evening.
Several school districts across the Milwaukee area have already chosen to cancel class on Monday because of concerns regarding a wind chill warning issued by the National Weather Service.
According to www.weather.com, the expected high on Monday will be approximately 13 degrees below zero.
"We are monitoring the news and weather reports and will continue to coordinate with other suburban districts on their status," Dade wrote. "If schools were to be closed, all parents would be notified via phone and email. Other places to check for updates are our district website, Twitter and Facebook."
The district's website can be reached at www.franklin.k12.wi.us/.
- Greendale police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Greendale's Canterbury Elementary enters recycling contest to win new playground
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Race to the Parade fundraiser benefits Greendale marching band
- Greendale police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Greendale to celebrate groundbreaking of new fire station