The Franklin School District is still considering whether or not to close its schools Monday, said Communications Coordinator Meghan Dade in an email Friday evening.
Several school districts across the Milwaukee area have already chosen to cancel class on Monday because of concerns regarding a wind chill warning issued by the National Weather Service.
According to www.weather.com, the expected high on Monday will be approximately 13 degrees below zero.
"We are monitoring the news and weather reports and will continue to coordinate with other suburban districts on their status," Dade wrote. "If schools were to be closed, all parents would be notified via phone and email. Other places to check for updates are our district website, Twitter and Facebook."
The district's website can be reached at www.franklin.k12.wi.us/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown resumes plans for 2015 referendum for full-time fire department
- Greendale police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Young Entrepreneurs Academy to pilot program at Greendale High
- Greendale High School educator, student recognized by Kohl Foundation
- Greendale police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Election Forum: Greendale trustee incumbents discuss TIF, veterans' memorial in pre-election questionnaire
- Greendale police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Greendale School Board candidates weigh in on reasons for running (1)
- Canterbury Elementary students take first place in State Battle of the Books competition
- Greendale police report: March 12, 2015 issue