The Franklin School District is still considering whether or not to close its schools Monday, said Communications Coordinator Meghan Dade in an email Friday evening.
Several school districts across the Milwaukee area have already chosen to cancel class on Monday because of concerns regarding a wind chill warning issued by the National Weather Service.
According to www.weather.com, the expected high on Monday will be approximately 13 degrees below zero.
"We are monitoring the news and weather reports and will continue to coordinate with other suburban districts on their status," Dade wrote. "If schools were to be closed, all parents would be notified via phone and email. Other places to check for updates are our district website, Twitter and Facebook."
The district's website can be reached at www.franklin.k12.wi.us/.
- Greendale police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Canterbury earns two School of Merit awards
- Upscale apartments approved for Southridge site in Greendale (1)
- Greendale police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- New Greendale Public Library director announced
- Warrior Dash obstacle course comes to The Rock in Franklin
- Greendale police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- Four with 4.0 in Greendale High School's class of 2016
- Greendale police report: June 9, 2016 issue
- Edgerton Avenue project features sidewalks and wider road