Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele and the County Parks Department announced today a recommendation for a new beer garden at Scout Lake Park in Greendale.
The Parks Department estimated the beer garden could produce significant revenue — $80,000 in 2014 and $100,000 in 2015 — if approved.
Under the proposal, ABC Estabrook, Inc., the company that runs the beer garden at Estabrook Park, would also run the Greendale beer garden, which would be located at Scout Lake's pavilion.
"Our ultimate goal is to create an environment that seamlessly integrates with the surrounding parkland, providing an opportunity for people from all walks of life to come together in an inclusive social setting," said Hans Wesigerber III, managing director of ABC Estabrook, Inc.
The proposed beer garden would offer a number of beer and wine options in addition to food and non-alcoholic drinks. The garden would operate daily from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and not serve alcohol past 9 p.m.
"Since taking office I've tasked departments across the county to look for strong partnerships and opportunities to strengthen the community; this project epitomizes our efforts," a news release quotes Abele as stating. "I appreciate the support the County Board has shown in backing the Estabrook Park Beer Garden, and I'm hopeful they share my excitement in this plan."
If the County Board approves the proposal, the beer garden will open this summer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale High School to host regional FBLA leadership conference
- Greendale police report: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- Robert Sweetgall, the 'real Forrest Gump,' to lead two public sessions in Greendale
- Private meetings regarding Greendale School District's John Tharp sparks concern
- Ferch's Malt Shoppe and Grille in Greendale unveils new theater room
- Greendale police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Forum evaluates six Greendale School Board candidates entering primary election
- Man arrested for burglarizing multiple Fountain Apartments
- Greendale police report: Jan. 15, 2015 issue
- Greendale Village President John Hermes will not run for re-election