Greendale — Residents Donna Oullette and Bill Kewan will vie against incumbents Gregory Turay and James Birmingham for their seats on the Village Board on April 1.
According to unofficial results from Tuesday's primary:
Donna Oullette 488
James Birmingham 416
Gregory Turay 310
Bill Kewan 293
Noelle Joers-Yanisch 285
Ted Gurzynski 285
Jason Cyborowski 115
Results remain unofficial until they are certified by a board of canvassers, which met after press deadline.
Ouellette, who has not run for a public seat before, is a branch manager and loan officer for Great Midwest Bank and serves as the vice president of the Greendale Entertainment Association Executive Board. She is an ad hoc committee member for the Revitalization of Village Center.
Kewan, a retired school principal, is a recipient of the American Legion's Badger Boys State Award and was named the State Assistant Principal of the Year in 2000 by the Association of Wisconsin School Administrators.
The two newcomers run opposed to incumbents who have served multiple terms on the board, but that's the goal: to present new perspectives and ideas to the village, the newcomers said in previous interviews.
Incumbent Turay has served seven years on the board and is an active member of several community organizations, including the Public Works Committee and the Library Board. He is the president of the Chamber of Commerce and previously served as president of the Greendale Entertainment Association.
Birmingham has been on the Village Board for the past 15 years and serves as the Finance Committee chairman, vice president of the Greendale Entertainment Association and member of the Greendale Historical Society.
The spring election will be held April 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Young Entrepreneurs Academy to pilot program at Greendale High
- Greendale High School educator, student recognized by Kohl Foundation
- Greendale police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Election Forum: Greendale trustee incumbents discuss TIF, veterans' memorial in pre-election questionnaire
- Greendale police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Greendale School Board candidates weigh in on reasons for running
- Canterbury Elementary students take first place in State Battle of the Books competition
- Greendale police report: March 12, 2015 issue
- Eyewitness describes Menomonee Falls building collapse as 'insane'
- Greendale School Board candidate forum to be held April 1