As a lifelong Greendale resident, I am encouraging everyone I know to vote for Bill Kewan.
I personally know Bill Kewan, having worked with him in the Historical Society and on the Greendale 75th Anniversary Celebration Committee. I support Bill Kewan for village trustee because he is a good listener who puts people's thoughts and ideas into action. He thinks long-term and develops a plan of action to achieve definite goals. When Bill talks at committee meetings, people listen and understand his message.
Bill and his wife have lived in Greendale 33 years; their daughter attended our schools kindergarten through 12th grade. Bill is visible in the community and has been involved with many activities. He plays "Christmas Present" in the Dickens celebration, and Jan. 10 was declared "Bill Kewan Day" because of his volunteer work with the 75th Anniversary Celebrations committee. He attends Village Board meetings and has spoken out on several issues. He knows what is going on.
Bill Kewan wants more transparency in village government. For example, last October the village received several proposals from private developers for use of the former Police/Fire Department building. Bill thinks the residents need to review those proposals and voice their opinions at town hall meetings, which should be scheduled at a time and place convenient to those residents.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Gallery Night to showcase Greendale's student artwork
- 'My Kidneys' 5K event in Greendale to promote kidney health
- YEA! Greendale school program to recruit business-minded students
- Bus shelters coming to Bluemound Road in Brookfield
- Greendale police report: April 16, 2015 issue
- Greendale Veterans Memorial Committee to welcome back flags of support in ceremony
- Greendale Village Board hires architect to begin fire station location, design (1)
- Greendale's annual 'Celebration of Education' to honor community members, students
- Comiskey and Crapitto elected to Greendale School Board
- Chadwick and Sikorski to stay on Greendale Village Board