Greendale — The Milwaukee area's second Buca di Beppo Italian restaurant will have its grand opening at Southridge Mall later this month.
Buca di Beppo, owned by Planet Hollywood International, is a family restaurant with a menu of entrees influenced by Northern and Southern Italy.
Southridge Mall will be the restaurant's 101st location, said John Thall, Buca di Beppo's executive vice president of development.
"I know the village of Greendale very well, and we're excited to have a location there," Thall said. "We've been in Milwaukee for almost 18 years (at 1233 North Van Buren Street) and we've had great success; so, we've been looking to expand."
Thall said the restaurant chain has several locations across the country in malls owned by The Simon Property Group, which also owns Southridge.
The new, 6,500-square-foot restaurant, located on the upper level at the mall's southwest entrance, near Macy's, will seat up to 225 guests and employ about 90 people.
"As Wisconsin's largest regional shopping destination with more than 125 popular retail and dining options, we're thrilled to welcome Buca di Beppo to the newly renovated center," said Mary Mokwa, Southridge general manager. "It adds another delicious option to enhance the shopping experience for friends and family to shop, dine and spend time together."
The restaurant will feature its signature "quirky" décor with irreverent photographs, multicolored decorative lights and gingham tablecloths.
Menu items include lasagna, spaghetti with meatballs "as big as your head," spicy chicken rigatoni and veal saltimbocca.
"We like to say that we're No. 1 in celebratory dining," Thall said. "Buca di Beppo is perfect for birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, bar mitzvahs, first communions, everything. It's also just a great place to just stop by and have a nice meal."
The grand opening for the new location is scheduled for March 26 at the mall, 5300 S. 76th St.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale Education Foundation announces new calendar raffle fundraiser
- Greendale's Park and Recreation holds contest for new logo
- Greendale police searching for strong-arm robbery suspect
- Greendale police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Honeywell volunteers help repair Greendale veteran's home
- Greendale residents can receive free 'File of Life' documents from Health Department
- Greendale to share fire ladder truck with Hales Corners during emergencies (1)
- Greendale Fire Dept. approved for temporary relocation in safety center basement, village seeks bids (1)
- Greendale police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- Chromebooks add gleam to school year in Greendale