Greendale — The Milwaukee area's second Buca di Beppo Italian restaurant will have its grand opening at Southridge Mall later this month.
Buca di Beppo, owned by Planet Hollywood International, is a family restaurant with a menu of entrees influenced by Northern and Southern Italy.
Southridge Mall will be the restaurant's 101st location, said John Thall, Buca di Beppo's executive vice president of development.
"I know the village of Greendale very well, and we're excited to have a location there," Thall said. "We've been in Milwaukee for almost 18 years (at 1233 North Van Buren Street) and we've had great success; so, we've been looking to expand."
Thall said the restaurant chain has several locations across the country in malls owned by The Simon Property Group, which also owns Southridge.
The new, 6,500-square-foot restaurant, located on the upper level at the mall's southwest entrance, near Macy's, will seat up to 225 guests and employ about 90 people.
"As Wisconsin's largest regional shopping destination with more than 125 popular retail and dining options, we're thrilled to welcome Buca di Beppo to the newly renovated center," said Mary Mokwa, Southridge general manager. "It adds another delicious option to enhance the shopping experience for friends and family to shop, dine and spend time together."
The restaurant will feature its signature "quirky" décor with irreverent photographs, multicolored decorative lights and gingham tablecloths.
Menu items include lasagna, spaghetti with meatballs "as big as your head," spicy chicken rigatoni and veal saltimbocca.
"We like to say that we're No. 1 in celebratory dining," Thall said. "Buca di Beppo is perfect for birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, bar mitzvahs, first communions, everything. It's also just a great place to just stop by and have a nice meal."
The grand opening for the new location is scheduled for March 26 at the mall, 5300 S. 76th St.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Young Entrepreneurs Academy to pilot program at Greendale High
- Greendale High School educator, student recognized by Kohl Foundation
- Greendale police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Election Forum: Greendale trustee incumbents discuss TIF, veterans' memorial in pre-election questionnaire
- Greendale police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Greendale School Board candidates weigh in on reasons for running
- Canterbury Elementary students take first place in State Battle of the Books competition
- Greendale police report: March 12, 2015 issue
- Eyewitness describes Menomonee Falls building collapse as 'insane'
- Greendale School Board candidate forum to be held April 1