Greendale —Joey Gerard's Supper Club is about to get a new neighbor in Greendale: Miss Beverly's Deluxe Barbeque.
Bartolotta Restaurants, owner of Joey Gerard's, announced its new venture into barbecue May 13.
Miss Beverly's will serve house-smoked barbecue influenced by different styles from across the country. The menu will include ribs, beef brisket and fried chicken with sides like cornbread and macaroni and cheese.
A "fast-casual" barbecue joint has been on the company's mind for a number of years, said John Wise, director of operations for Bartolotta's.
Wise, who managed a barbecue restaurant in Chicago for four years in the 1980s, said he pitched the concept to owner Joe Bartolotta for several years.
"There's been a kind of barbecue explosion in Chicago and downtown Milwaukee, but not out here (in Greendale)," Wise said. "Joey Gerard's is just a huge building, and we had some extra space there … so we thought this was the right place and right time to open something up."
Guests at Miss Beverly's will order at a counter and have their food brought to them. Customers will also be able to order online for carry-out. The restaurant will provide catering services as well.
"Barbecue has long been something we've wanted to do as a company, and now seemed like the right time," Bartolotta stated in a news release. "We have the space, and barbecue is a popular and timeless option. We've been experimenting and doing our research, and we're very much looking forward to debuting Miss Beverly's."
Miss Beverly's will be right next to Joey Gerard's, located at 5601 Broad Street. Construction began earlier this month, and the restaurant is expected to be open in early June, Wise said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Young Entrepreneurs Academy to pilot program at Greendale High
- Greendale High School educator, student recognized by Kohl Foundation
- Greendale police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Election Forum: Greendale trustee incumbents discuss TIF, veterans' memorial in pre-election questionnaire
- Greendale police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Greendale School Board candidates weigh in on reasons for running
- Canterbury Elementary students take first place in State Battle of the Books competition
- Greendale police report: March 12, 2015 issue
- Eyewitness describes Menomonee Falls building collapse as 'insane'
- Greendale School Board candidate forum to be held April 1