Greendale —Chick-fil-A, the national chicken restaurant chain, will open a new restaurant in Greendale this fall.
Chick-fil-A announced in May its Greendale location will be one of the company's first two free-standing locations in Wisconsin.
"Chick-fil-A's real estate department analyzes multiple factors when considering locations to build new stores," said Joe Bauknecht, owner and operator of the Greendale Chick-fil-A. "The historic village of Greendale, coupled with the surrounding communities, is an ideal location for a Chick-fil-A restaurant. The opportunity the store will have to make a significant positive impact on the Greendale Community is very exciting."
The Greendale Chick-fil-A, 5351 S. 76th St., will have two drive-through lanes and 16 outdoor seats.
"The main difference between a Chick-fil-A free-standing store and mall store is capacity," Bauknecht, said. "The larger dining room and outdoor space associated with a free-standing store allow more flexibility for the owner/operator to provide events for guests such as Spirit Nights, Father and Daughter Date Night and campouts in the parking lot."
The Greendale Chick-fil-A will also serve breakfast, Bauknecht said.
Another free-standing Chick-fil-A will be located in Brookfield.
Both restaurants are expected to hire 80 employees.
The stores are tentatively scheduled to open in September.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale man drowns in Minnesota boating accident
- Greendale police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- St. Alphonsus Parish to host 'Feast on the Blacktop'
- Village of Greendale takes ownership of land proposed for veterans memorial (3)
- Greendale police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- Greendale Community Theatre throws a musical 'Parade'
- Greendale Parks and Rec Committee calls for applications to fill vacant position (6)
- Greendale's original, defunct water tower comes down (3)
- Greendale police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- Greendale shops for new development plan for part of mall (2)