A man seen dragging his child by a leash at Southridge Mall, 5300 S. 76th St., last week was arrested for disorderly conduct.
According to a Greendale police report:
Several mall patrons complained about 7:25 p.m. March 30 that the 32-year-old Milwaukee man was "dragging a child face-first along the ground on a leash."
When police arrived, the man stated that he and his wife use the leash as a form of discipline. Because the child was not injured, the man was cited only for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Corrections: July 2, 2015 issue
- Greendale Police Chief Malasuk shares memories of first station downtown
- Greendale police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Greendale School District appoints new director of business services
- Greener pastures: Greendale Schools' Erin Green announces retirement
- Greendale police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- Greendale student elected 2015 Badger Boys State Governor
- Greendale Family 4th Fest begins July 2
- Bill Kewan chosen to fill vacant seat on Greendale's village board
- Canterbury Elementary recognized as a 'School of Merit' for its positive behavioral student program