Incumbency made a splash election night as voters gave Sally Chadwick and Allan Sikorski new terms on the Greendale Village Board.
Challenger Carl Genz was defeated in his second bid for the board in three years.
The vote total, according to unofficial results:
Sally Chadwick (i)
Allan Sikorski (i)
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers, which met after press deadline.
A village trustee since 1998, Chadwick, 62, said she was "thrilled" that voters returned her and her colleague to the board.
"And I didn't expect to get the most votes. That was a surprise," Chadwick said. "But I'm very, very happy about it."
Chadwick, who is retired, said she did not think a single issue put her and Sikorski into the winners' circle.
Sikorski, 61, an international sales manager for the Bradley Corp., said voters did not want to tinker with success.
"I think they realized we're moving in the right direction in a number of areas, particularly in regard to taxes, so they didn't want to change horses in midstream," said Sikorski, a trustee since 2000.
For Genz, 52, a construction superintendent, it was his second unsuccessful try for the board in three years. Still, Genz said he is considering another run next year.
"I really would like to get on the board. I've got a few things to offer and think I have a fresh approach to things," Genz said.
Chadwick said she would not be surprised to see Genz run again.
"I think he made a very good showing," Chadwick said.
Trustees serve three-year terms and are paid $5,240 annually.
Chadwick and Sikorski will likely be sworn in for their new terms at a board meeting the week of April 27.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Young Entrepreneurs Academy to pilot program at Greendale High
- Greendale High School educator, student recognized by Kohl Foundation
- Greendale police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Election Forum: Greendale trustee incumbents discuss TIF, veterans' memorial in pre-election questionnaire
- Greendale police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Greendale School Board candidates weigh in on reasons for running
- Canterbury Elementary students take first place in State Battle of the Books competition
- Greendale police report: March 12, 2015 issue
- Eyewitness describes Menomonee Falls building collapse as 'insane'
- Greendale School Board candidate forum to be held April 1