Incumbency made a splash election night as voters gave Sally Chadwick and Allan Sikorski new terms on the Greendale Village Board.
Challenger Carl Genz was defeated in his second bid for the board in three years.
The vote total, according to unofficial results:
Sally Chadwick (i)
Allan Sikorski (i)
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers, which met after press deadline.
A village trustee since 1998, Chadwick, 62, said she was "thrilled" that voters returned her and her colleague to the board.
"And I didn't expect to get the most votes. That was a surprise," Chadwick said. "But I'm very, very happy about it."
Chadwick, who is retired, said she did not think a single issue put her and Sikorski into the winners' circle.
Sikorski, 61, an international sales manager for the Bradley Corp., said voters did not want to tinker with success.
"I think they realized we're moving in the right direction in a number of areas, particularly in regard to taxes, so they didn't want to change horses in midstream," said Sikorski, a trustee since 2000.
For Genz, 52, a construction superintendent, it was his second unsuccessful try for the board in three years. Still, Genz said he is considering another run next year.
"I really would like to get on the board. I've got a few things to offer and think I have a fresh approach to things," Genz said.
Chadwick said she would not be surprised to see Genz run again.
"I think he made a very good showing," Chadwick said.
Trustees serve three-year terms and are paid $5,240 annually.
Chadwick and Sikorski will likely be sworn in for their new terms at a board meeting the week of April 27.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Southridge Mall to host sing-a-thon with Sophia's Heart choir for Valentine's Day weekend
- The Rock Snow Park to host snow tubing fundraiser for Greendale Marching Band
- Greendale police report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Greendale High School holds first induction ceremony to new Athletic Hall of Fame
- Greendale cupcake business seeks sweeter deal for home bakers: DCS Cupcakes, now on hiatus, advocates for statewide 'Cookie Bill' (6)
- Greendale police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Greendale School District announces names of candidates for superintendent position
- Greendale's annual 'I Left My Heart on Broad Street' to be held Feb. 13
- Southridge Mall to grant scholarships for nearby high school seniors, now accepting applications
- Southridge Mall's Starbucks closed for renovation, McDonald's closed for good (1)