Greendale - The village Police and Fire Commission on Wednesday will interview two in-house finalists for the fire chief's position.
The finalists, according to Village Manager Todd Michaels, are Capt. Tim Saidler, who is serving as interim chief, and Lt. Brian Peterson.
The commission's meeting is set for 6 p.m. at the Safety Center, 5911 W. Grange Ave. The interviews, as well as discussion by the commission of the finalists, are scheduled to be done behind closed doors. The commission will have to reconvene in open session in order to take any action.
The previous chief, Jon Cohn, left to become a battalion chief for the Greenfield Fire Department, according to a GreenfieldNOW story.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale School Board Academy to be held for prospective spring election candidates
- Greendale police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Greendale trustees raise tax levy 1 percent, bump up budget by 45 percent to construct fire station (4)
- Greendale police report: Nov. 19, 2015 issue
- Greendale's first fire engine, which entered service in 1938, returns home (10)
- Greendale Marching Band holds fundraiser for parade trip
- Greendale Assessor's Office to photograph homes, businesses for 2016 study (2)
- Greendale police report: Nov. 12, 2015 issue
- Greendale's tree lighting ceremony scheduled for Nov. 27
- Santa Claus to arrive early at Southridge Mall this weekend