The Greendale School District gets a "well done" for its recently conducted listening sessions on the budget.
Superintendent William Hughes and Business Manager Erin Green presented relevant information in an understandable format within the context of the current financial recession. Moreover, Hughes spoke about the changes in education and the challenges ahead to maintain Greendale's status as a high-achieving school district.
Most importantly, the sessions were well attended by the residents. The feedback provided and the views expressed by residents of all backgrounds were extremely valuable.
Now comes the hard part: keeping everyone engaged in the process. The economic challenges for the schools will be worse in the years ahead, and the need for an informed citizenry critical.
The district needs to continue its outreach, and the residents need to attend School Board meetings and keep current on the issues. If everyone makes the effort, the results will be positive.
- Greendale police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Canterbury earns two School of Merit awards
- Upscale apartments approved for Southridge site in Greendale (1)
- Greendale police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- New Greendale Public Library director announced
- Warrior Dash obstacle course comes to The Rock in Franklin
- Greendale police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- Four with 4.0 in Greendale High School's class of 2016
- Greendale police report: June 9, 2016 issue
- Edgerton Avenue project features sidewalks and wider road