The Greendale School District gets a "well done" for its recently conducted listening sessions on the budget.
Superintendent William Hughes and Business Manager Erin Green presented relevant information in an understandable format within the context of the current financial recession. Moreover, Hughes spoke about the changes in education and the challenges ahead to maintain Greendale's status as a high-achieving school district.
Most importantly, the sessions were well attended by the residents. The feedback provided and the views expressed by residents of all backgrounds were extremely valuable.
Now comes the hard part: keeping everyone engaged in the process. The economic challenges for the schools will be worse in the years ahead, and the need for an informed citizenry critical.
The district needs to continue its outreach, and the residents need to attend School Board meetings and keep current on the issues. If everyone makes the effort, the results will be positive.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale trustees rescind school polling place referendum
- Greendale Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Greendale announces new principal for Canterbury Elementary
- Greendale Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Greendale School Board OKs schools for general election
- Greendale School Board OKs schools as polling places for general election
- Greendale Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Greendale Police Report: Aug. 7, 2014 issue
- Greendale's Village Days starts Friday in downtown square
- Police Report: July 31, 2014 issue