Franklin - Two 19-year-old men were arrested for burglary after an alert police officer pursued a vehicle speeding out of a Franklin subdivision Monday.
According to the Franklin police report:
The officer attempted to pull the vehicle over after he saw it speed out of a subdivision near 76th Street and Drexel Avenue about 3 a.m. Monday. The driver failed to stop for the officer and a pursuit ensued.
The chase ended when the driver pulled over in the 9500 block of West Loomis Road. After police discovered numerous stolen items in the car, the occupants, a 19-year-old Franklin man and a 19-year-old Milwaukee man, were arrested.
A police investigation determined the men stole the items from a home and four vehicles in the 7900 block of South 55th Street prior to the police chase. They apparently entered the home while the residents were sleeping.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Village of Greendale takes steps to acquire property for possible veterans memorial site
- Greendale police report: May 28, 2015 issue
- YEA! Greendale student program seeks additional business partners
- Milwaukee County Historical Society to host Trimborn Heritage Weekend
- Greendale Marching Band to be featured in Colder's commercial
- Greendale students wage an artful war
- Greendale police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Greendale police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Greendale police report: May 7, 2015 issue
- Spring into Greendale event to be held May 9