Franklin - Two 19-year-old men were arrested for burglary after an alert police officer pursued a vehicle speeding out of a Franklin subdivision Monday.
According to the Franklin police report:
The officer attempted to pull the vehicle over after he saw it speed out of a subdivision near 76th Street and Drexel Avenue about 3 a.m. Monday. The driver failed to stop for the officer and a pursuit ensued.
The chase ended when the driver pulled over in the 9500 block of West Loomis Road. After police discovered numerous stolen items in the car, the occupants, a 19-year-old Franklin man and a 19-year-old Milwaukee man, were arrested.
A police investigation determined the men stole the items from a home and four vehicles in the 7900 block of South 55th Street prior to the police chase. They apparently entered the home while the residents were sleeping.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale High School to host regional FBLA leadership conference
- Greendale police report: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- Robert Sweetgall, the 'real Forrest Gump,' to lead two public sessions in Greendale
- Private meetings regarding Greendale School District's John Tharp sparks concern
- Ferch's Malt Shoppe and Grille in Greendale unveils new theater room
- Greendale police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Forum evaluates six Greendale School Board candidates entering primary election
- Man arrested for burglarizing multiple Fountain Apartments
- Greendale police report: Jan. 15, 2015 issue
- Greendale Village President John Hermes will not run for re-election