Greendale — Incumbent James Birmingham has been re-elected to his seat on the village's Board of Trustees alongside head-runner Donna Ouellette, who beat incumbent Gregory Turay in Tuesday's spring election.
According to unofficial results Tuesday:
Donna Ouellette 1,324
James Birmingham 1,249
Bill Kewan 834
Gregory Turay 831
Results remain unofficial until certified by a board of canvassers, which met after press deadline.
Ouellette, who has never run for a public seat before, is a branch manager and loan officer for Great Midwest Bank and serves as the vice president of the Greendale Entertainment Association Executive Board. She is an ad hoc committee member for the Revitalization of Village Center.
Birmingham has been on the Village Board for the past 15 years and serves as the Finance Committee chairman, vice president of the Greendale Entertainment Association and member of the Greendale Historical Society.
Trustees have a three-year term and have an annual salary of $6,806. Ouellette and Birmingham will begin their service on April 15.
Mark Kapocius, Greendale's incumbent municipal judge, ran unopposed in the election. He received 1,597 votes.
Greendale School Board
Incumbent Victoria McCormick will begin a new term as a School Board member after being re-elected with 1,579 votes.
McCormick's opponent, Amy Ali, lost the election with 601 votes. This was Ali's third attempt running for a seat on the board.
After being elected to the School Board in 1998, McCormick has served as the board's clerk, president and vice president and currently serves as its secretary.
School Board members serve three-year terms and have an annual salary of $4,200. The newly elected will take office at the April 28 board meeting.
- Greendale police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Greendale to celebrate groundbreaking of new fire station
- Greendale 5K run/walk to raise awareness for kidney health
- Broadway star, Greendale native Sarah Pfisterer offers fundraiser concert for marching band
- Greendale police report: April 14, 2016 issue
- Volunteers needed to help spruce up Milwaukee County's historic Trimborn Farm
- Busalacchi defeats incumbents on Greendale Village Board (13)
- Greendale incumbents Slota, Kuzmanovic retain seats on school board
- Greendale police report: April 7, 2016 issue