Greendale — Incumbent James Birmingham has been re-elected to his seat on the village's Board of Trustees alongside head-runner Donna Ouellette, who beat incumbent Gregory Turay in Tuesday's spring election.
According to unofficial results Tuesday:
Donna Ouellette 1,324
James Birmingham 1,249
Bill Kewan 834
Gregory Turay 831
Results remain unofficial until certified by a board of canvassers, which met after press deadline.
Ouellette, who has never run for a public seat before, is a branch manager and loan officer for Great Midwest Bank and serves as the vice president of the Greendale Entertainment Association Executive Board. She is an ad hoc committee member for the Revitalization of Village Center.
Birmingham has been on the Village Board for the past 15 years and serves as the Finance Committee chairman, vice president of the Greendale Entertainment Association and member of the Greendale Historical Society.
Trustees have a three-year term and have an annual salary of $6,806. Ouellette and Birmingham will begin their service on April 15.
Mark Kapocius, Greendale's incumbent municipal judge, ran unopposed in the election. He received 1,597 votes.
Greendale School Board
Incumbent Victoria McCormick will begin a new term as a School Board member after being re-elected with 1,579 votes.
McCormick's opponent, Amy Ali, lost the election with 601 votes. This was Ali's third attempt running for a seat on the board.
After being elected to the School Board in 1998, McCormick has served as the board's clerk, president and vice president and currently serves as its secretary.
School Board members serve three-year terms and have an annual salary of $4,200. The newly elected will take office at the April 28 board meeting.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale School Board to vote on new interim superintendent
- Greendale man drowns in Minnesota boating accident
- Greendale police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- St. Alphonsus Parish to host 'Feast on the Blacktop'
- Village of Greendale takes ownership of land proposed for veterans memorial (3)
- Greendale police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- Greendale Community Theatre throws a musical 'Parade'
- Greendale Parks and Rec Committee calls for applications to fill vacant position (6)
- Greendale's original, defunct water tower comes down (3)
- Greendale police report: July 16, 2015 issue