Greendale —Chick-fil-A, the national chicken restaurant chain, will open a new restaurant in Greendale this fall.
Chick-fil-A announced in May its Greendale location will be one of the company's first two free-standing locations in Wisconsin.
"Chick-fil-A's real estate department analyzes multiple factors when considering locations to build new stores," said Joe Bauknecht, owner and operator of the Greendale Chick-fil-A. "The historic village of Greendale, coupled with the surrounding communities, is an ideal location for a Chick-fil-A restaurant. The opportunity the store will have to make a significant positive impact on the Greendale Community is very exciting."
The Greendale Chick-fil-A, 5351 S. 76th St., will have two drive-through lanes and 16 outdoor seats.
"The main difference between a Chick-fil-A free-standing store and mall store is capacity," Bauknecht, said. "The larger dining room and outdoor space associated with a free-standing store allow more flexibility for the owner/operator to provide events for guests such as Spirit Nights, Father and Daughter Date Night and campouts in the parking lot."
The Greendale Chick-fil-A will also serve breakfast, Bauknecht said.
Another free-standing Chick-fil-A will be located in Brookfield.
Both restaurants are expected to hire 80 employees.
The stores are tentatively scheduled to open in September.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale High School reaches new ACT average
- Greendale Education Foundation announces new calendar raffle fundraiser
- Greendale's Park and Recreation holds contest for new logo
- Greendale police searching for strong-arm robbery suspect
- Greendale police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Honeywell volunteers help repair Greendale veteran's home
- Greendale residents can receive free 'File of Life' documents from Health Department
- Greendale to share fire ladder truck with Hales Corners during emergencies (1)
- Greendale Fire Dept. approved for temporary relocation in safety center basement, village seeks bids (1)
- Greendale police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue