Greendale swept the singles competition and won two of the three doubles titles in winning the Woodland Conference Tournament, played Sept. 30 and Oct. 1 at Greendale and Greenfield.
Lauren Piotrowski (No. 1 singles), Emily Perinovic (No. 2 singles) and Meg McCormick (No. 3 singles) won each of their three matches in straight sets. Piotrowski lost 13 games, Perinovic five and McCormick five.
At No. 4 singles, Elisabeth Loomis won her first two matches in straight sets and rallied to win the final after dropping the first set.
At No. 2 doubles, Chelsea Weber and Molly McCormick won all three of their matches in straight sets, losing seven games. The No. 3 doubles pair Anna Eckhardt and Casey Hackett lost five games in three straight-set victories. The No.1 doubles team of Alyssa Brunelli and Iva Devcic placed fourth at No. 1 doubles.
Greendale had 53 points. New Berlin Eisenhower was next with 46.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Central hosts a Buzz-A-Thon
- Special Section: 2013 NOW All-Suburban Football Team
- Jake's Deli to open in Southridge Mall this month
- Dickens of a Christmas returns to village
- Greendale man charged with groping deputy in Whitnall Park sex sting
- WIAA Football: Monona Grove 21, Greendale 17: Greendale gives up big lead to lose Division 3 championship (23)
- Performance group promotes understanding, peer support
- Rodriguez wins District 21 election (1)
- Skowronski to face Hermes in District 82 battle
- Korean War veterans share experiences in Greendale