Marching bands from Greendale and Waukesha North high schools extended their string of championship titles Saturday at the Wisconsin State Music Association's competition at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
Greendale High School won its eighth straight championship in its Class AA division, and Waukesha North took its sixth consecutive victory in Class AAAA, the large school division.
Waukesha West finished second in the AAAA division, and Oak Creek High School marching band took third in the big school division.
In the Class AA division, New Berlin Eisenhower finished second and Fort Atkinson High School was third.
In Class AAA, Cedarburg High School was third. River Falls took first in that division and Merrill High School took second.
In Class A, Cumberland High School took first, Baldwin Woodville High School was second and Columbus High School was third.
Complete results were to be posted later Sunday on the Wisconsin State Music Association's website.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man threatens to become violent if blood-alcohol test conducted
- Greendale police arrest man for 22nd offense of shoplifting
- Greendale, Milwaukee County come to agreement on bike trail lawsuit
- Temporary principal had short, but vision-filled tenure
- Greendale's Kirstan Brodie aces ACT
- Tracy Flater named Highland View's next principal
- Local schools exceed state test results
- Police concealing more information due to federal court ruling
- Greendale ready to celebrate its 75th anniversary
- Momentum builds for Greendale's young entrepreneurs