The Greendale Village Board took one step closer toward giving the Learning Center a complete make-over by granting a remodeling contract at a cost of $97,900.
J.H. Hassinger had the lowest bid among seven companies for the interior renovations. Other bids ranged from $99,800 to $134,890. The total cost of construction is estimated at $150,000.
The Greendale Public Library, the Greendale School District's Recreation Department and village's Health Department will be housed under the same roof in the revamped and enlarged learning center at 5647 Broad St. As a result, the cost would be split three ways.
The interior remodel will remove and replace the current customer service counter and add new interior finishes, an office area and doors.
While there is discussions about employees from each department sharing duties, nothing is set in stone yet, village officials said.
The village also predicts additional project costs for modular furniture, wiring and a 10 percent contingency estimated at $50,000. The modular furniture is estimated at $32,000 and the data wiring is estimated at $6,500.
- Southridge Mall adding 5 new attractions
- 'Little Mermaid' swims into Greendale Community Theatre
- Greendale police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Blood drive at Southridge Mall July 22
- Ordinance allows for split shifts for election officials in Greendale
- Greendale police report: July 14, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: July 7, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Canterbury earns two School of Merit awards
- Upscale apartments approved for Southridge site in Greendale (1)