The Greendale Village Board took one step closer toward giving the Learning Center a complete make-over by granting a remodeling contract at a cost of $97,900.
J.H. Hassinger had the lowest bid among seven companies for the interior renovations. Other bids ranged from $99,800 to $134,890. The total cost of construction is estimated at $150,000.
The Greendale Public Library, the Greendale School District's Recreation Department and village's Health Department will be housed under the same roof in the revamped and enlarged learning center at 5647 Broad St. As a result, the cost would be split three ways.
The interior remodel will remove and replace the current customer service counter and add new interior finishes, an office area and doors.
While there is discussions about employees from each department sharing duties, nothing is set in stone yet, village officials said.
The village also predicts additional project costs for modular furniture, wiring and a 10 percent contingency estimated at $50,000. The modular furniture is estimated at $32,000 and the data wiring is estimated at $6,500.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin's EDC remains clouded in political dust-up
- Alverno students learn teaching techniques through Greendale partnership
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Police arrest 1 after neighbors attack each other about 'child behavior'
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Greendale scores 23.9 in ACT assessment
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Veterans memorial falls in face of Greendale School District opposition
- Greendale's Hay Days Fall Festival to be held this Saturday
- Video: Chick-fil-A has returned to roost in Greendale