Oak Creek - Firefighters and police responded to a basement fire at a home in the 8500 block of South Parknoll Drive during the early morning hours Tuesday.
The homeowners called police at 3:23 a.m. after they woke up and smelled smoke inside their home, then heard the smoke detector sound a short time later. The couple located their two daughters, ages 8 and 6, and one of their two dogs and exited the residence.
Smoke was seen coming from the basement when emergency personnel arrived. After the Oak Creek Fire Department arrived, it was determined the was fire started by a pilot light in the water heater due to items in the basement.
The fire caused major damage to the water heater and basement. No official damage estimate was available at the time of the report.
No injuries were reported; however, paramedics attended to the children, who complained of slight smoke inhalation. The second dog later was found.
- Canterbury earns two School of Merit awards
- Upscale apartments approved for Southridge site in Greendale (1)
- Greendale police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- New Greendale Public Library director announced
- Warrior Dash obstacle course comes to The Rock in Franklin
- Greendale police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- Four with 4.0 in Greendale High School's class of 2016
- Greendale police report: June 9, 2016 issue
- Edgerton Avenue project features sidewalks and wider road
- Greendale police report: June 2, 2016 issue