Greendale — Michael Mullen will be the new principal of Canterbury Elementary School, after the school board approved his appointment Aug. 18.
Mullen served as associate principal of Ben Franklin Elementary School in Menomonee Falls for the past two years. Before that position, Mullen served in the Menomonee Falls School District for many years as a high school science teacher and a K-12 science curriculum facilitator.
He is a graduate of University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, holds a master's degree in science education from the University of Iowa and earned his administrative degree at National Louis University.
Mullen will replace former Canterbury Principal Christian Pleister, who recently became principal of Burleigh Elementary School in the Elmbrook School District.
"I'm honored to be here … and I consider this position a privilege," Mullen said at the school board meeting. "I truly have met one outstanding educator after another in the past few days. This is really an astounding place, and I look forward to spending a long time with you."
- Southridge Mall adding 5 new attractions
- 'Little Mermaid' swims into Greendale Community Theatre
- Greendale police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Blood drive at Southridge Mall July 22
- Ordinance allows for split shifts for election officials in Greendale
- Greendale police report: July 14, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: July 7, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Canterbury earns two School of Merit awards