Greendale — Michael Mullen will be the new principal of Canterbury Elementary School, after the school board approved his appointment Aug. 18.
Mullen served as associate principal of Ben Franklin Elementary School in Menomonee Falls for the past two years. Before that position, Mullen served in the Menomonee Falls School District for many years as a high school science teacher and a K-12 science curriculum facilitator.
He is a graduate of University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, holds a master's degree in science education from the University of Iowa and earned his administrative degree at National Louis University.
Mullen will replace former Canterbury Principal Christian Pleister, who recently became principal of Burleigh Elementary School in the Elmbrook School District.
"I'm honored to be here … and I consider this position a privilege," Mullen said at the school board meeting. "I truly have met one outstanding educator after another in the past few days. This is really an astounding place, and I look forward to spending a long time with you."
- Greendale police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Greendale's Canterbury Elementary enters recycling contest to win new playground
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Race to the Parade fundraiser benefits Greendale marching band
- Greendale police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Greendale to celebrate groundbreaking of new fire station