Greendale — Michael Mullen will be the new principal of Canterbury Elementary School, after the school board approved his appointment Aug. 18.
Mullen served as associate principal of Ben Franklin Elementary School in Menomonee Falls for the past two years. Before that position, Mullen served in the Menomonee Falls School District for many years as a high school science teacher and a K-12 science curriculum facilitator.
He is a graduate of University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, holds a master's degree in science education from the University of Iowa and earned his administrative degree at National Louis University.
Mullen will replace former Canterbury Principal Christian Pleister, who recently became principal of Burleigh Elementary School in the Elmbrook School District.
"I'm honored to be here … and I consider this position a privilege," Mullen said at the school board meeting. "I truly have met one outstanding educator after another in the past few days. This is really an astounding place, and I look forward to spending a long time with you."
- Canterbury earns two School of Merit awards
- Upscale apartments approved for Southridge site in Greendale (1)
- Greendale police report: June 23, 2016 issue
- New Greendale Public Library director announced
- Warrior Dash obstacle course comes to The Rock in Franklin
- Greendale police report: June 16, 2016 issue
- Four with 4.0 in Greendale High School's class of 2016
- Greendale police report: June 9, 2016 issue
- Edgerton Avenue project features sidewalks and wider road
- Greendale police report: June 2, 2016 issue