Greendale — Michael Mullen will be the new principal of Canterbury Elementary School, after the school board approved his appointment Aug. 18.
Mullen served as associate principal of Ben Franklin Elementary School in Menomonee Falls for the past two years. Before that position, Mullen served in the Menomonee Falls School District for many years as a high school science teacher and a K-12 science curriculum facilitator.
He is a graduate of University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, holds a master's degree in science education from the University of Iowa and earned his administrative degree at National Louis University.
Mullen will replace former Canterbury Principal Christian Pleister, who recently became principal of Burleigh Elementary School in the Elmbrook School District.
"I'm honored to be here … and I consider this position a privilege," Mullen said at the school board meeting. "I truly have met one outstanding educator after another in the past few days. This is really an astounding place, and I look forward to spending a long time with you."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014
- Cookout, football game to follow Greendale Homecoming Parade
- Greendale Village Board shifts opinion, approves funding for Hose Tower completion
- Greendale School District approves lower tax levy for 2014-15
- Greendale Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Greendale officials to look at TIF option for redeveloping apartment complex
- Greendale's historic Hose Tower funding dries up, for now
- Greendale Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Greendale Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Greendale trustees rescind school polling place referendum