Greendale — Michael Mullen will be the new principal of Canterbury Elementary School, after the school board approved his appointment Aug. 18.
Mullen served as associate principal of Ben Franklin Elementary School in Menomonee Falls for the past two years. Before that position, Mullen served in the Menomonee Falls School District for many years as a high school science teacher and a K-12 science curriculum facilitator.
He is a graduate of University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, holds a master's degree in science education from the University of Iowa and earned his administrative degree at National Louis University.
Mullen will replace former Canterbury Principal Christian Pleister, who recently became principal of Burleigh Elementary School in the Elmbrook School District.
"I'm honored to be here … and I consider this position a privilege," Mullen said at the school board meeting. "I truly have met one outstanding educator after another in the past few days. This is really an astounding place, and I look forward to spending a long time with you."
- Greendale police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Greendale to celebrate groundbreaking of new fire station
- Greendale 5K run/walk to raise awareness for kidney health
- Broadway star, Greendale native Sarah Pfisterer offers fundraiser concert for marching band
- Greendale police report: April 14, 2016 issue
- Volunteers needed to help spruce up Milwaukee County's historic Trimborn Farm
- Busalacchi defeats incumbents on Greendale Village Board (13)
- Greendale incumbents Slota, Kuzmanovic retain seats on school board