Greendale — The Greendale Education Foundation will host its annual fundraiser event, "A Celebration of Education," in a new location: the Boerner Botanical Gardens.
"We chose this new location to add some variety," said Todd Michaels, village manager and GEF event chairman. "We've previously held the event at the Tuckaway Country Club, which has been a great host, but we wanted to try something a little different this year."
A Celebration of Education allows community members, businesses and faculty to commend the Greendale School District for its achievements.
"We try to hold a nice event that raises money for the foundation," Michaels said. "The more we receive, the more we can give back to the schools."
The informal event will include a raffle, a silent auction, hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar.
"A Celebration of Education has always been successful, and we hope to continue that success," Michaels said.
The Greendale Education Foundation was established in 1998 to provide education opportunities for students. Since its founding, the organization has raised nearly $300,000 for various educational initiatives in the school district.
The foundation has helped fund new classroom technology; art and theater programs; improvements to Greendale High School's auditorium sound system; and more. The foundation's KidBoosters Program helps Greendale students and families living with financial difficulty.
The fundraiser will also honor Kathy Schnagl — co-owner of Prescott Miller Jewelers — and longtime volunteer Judy Foster for their commitment to the Greendale community and school district. Both women will receive the 2014 Inspiration Award at the event.
The event will be held Friday, May 30, at 6 p.m. in the Boerner Botanical Gardens, located at 9400 Boerner Drive in Hales Corners.
Tickets cost $30 per person; they can be purchased at Greendale High School, the school district office, the Park and Recreation office and the Reiman Visitor Center. Tickets can also be purchased online at www.greendale.k12.wi.us/pages/Greendale/GreendaleEducationFoundation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Village of Greendale now accepting applicants for trustee vacancy
- Saint Stephen The Martyr Lutheran Church celebrates 50 years
- Greendale police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Gallery Night to showcase Greendale's student artwork
- 'My Kidneys' 5K event in Greendale to promote kidney health
- YEA! Greendale school program to recruit business-minded students
- Bus shelters coming to Bluemound Road in Brookfield
- Greendale police report: April 16, 2015 issue
- Greendale Veterans Memorial Committee to welcome back flags of support in ceremony
- Greendale Village Board hires architect to begin fire station location, design (1)