Greendale — Police are investigating an armed robbery at PNC Bank, 5499 S. 76th St., the morning of Aug. 6.
According to the Greendale police report:
An unidentified man entered the branch of PNC Bank at 11:27 a.m. Aug. 6, displayed a handgun and demanded money from a bank employee.
After receiving an undisclosed amount of money, the man left the bank on foot. He was last seen running west toward several apartment buildings.
He is described as a 5-foot-tall white or Hispanic male who wore a black bandanna to cover his face. He was wearing a red and black Milwaukee Brewers baseball hat with a white "M" on the front, long black pants and a black shirt. He placed the stolen money into a black bag with yellow drawstrings that he was carrying on his back.
The weapon was described as military-style handgun that was black in color.
Hales Corners Police Department and the Franklin Police K9 Unit assisted in searching for the man, but he was not found.
Anyone with information about this armed robbery is asked to call the Greendale Police Department at (414) 423-2121.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale School Board to host special meeting for potential spring election candidates
- Greendale goes Emerald: High School Marching Band earns honors for Oz-based production
- American flags raised in support of veterans memorial to be removed during Greendale ceremony
- Greendale police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Greendale's annual Tree Lighting Ceremony set for November 28
- Greendale High School's FBLA chapter hosts 'Walk for Wellness' fundraiser for March of Dimes
- Greendale approves construction of new fire station, weighs site options
- West Bend man accused of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old Waukesha girl
- Greendale police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Good to the Bone: Commemorative police department motorcycle in Greendale recognized by national trade magazines