Greendale — Police are investigating an armed robbery at PNC Bank, 5499 S. 76th St., the morning of Aug. 6.
According to the Greendale police report:
An unidentified man entered the branch of PNC Bank at 11:27 a.m. Aug. 6, displayed a handgun and demanded money from a bank employee.
After receiving an undisclosed amount of money, the man left the bank on foot. He was last seen running west toward several apartment buildings.
He is described as a 5-foot-tall white or Hispanic male who wore a black bandanna to cover his face. He was wearing a red and black Milwaukee Brewers baseball hat with a white "M" on the front, long black pants and a black shirt. He placed the stolen money into a black bag with yellow drawstrings that he was carrying on his back.
The weapon was described as military-style handgun that was black in color.
Hales Corners Police Department and the Franklin Police K9 Unit assisted in searching for the man, but he was not found.
Anyone with information about this armed robbery is asked to call the Greendale Police Department at (414) 423-2121.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin's EDC remains clouded in political dust-up
- Alverno students learn teaching techniques through Greendale partnership
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Police arrest 1 after neighbors attack each other about 'child behavior'
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Greendale scores 23.9 in ACT assessment
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Veterans memorial falls in face of Greendale School District opposition
- Greendale's Hay Days Fall Festival to be held this Saturday
- Video: Chick-fil-A has returned to roost in Greendale