Greendale — Police are investigating an armed robbery at PNC Bank, 5499 S. 76th St., the morning of Aug. 6.
According to the Greendale police report:
An unidentified man entered the branch of PNC Bank at 11:27 a.m. Aug. 6, displayed a handgun and demanded money from a bank employee.
After receiving an undisclosed amount of money, the man left the bank on foot. He was last seen running west toward several apartment buildings.
He is described as a 5-foot-tall white or Hispanic male who wore a black bandanna to cover his face. He was wearing a red and black Milwaukee Brewers baseball hat with a white "M" on the front, long black pants and a black shirt. He placed the stolen money into a black bag with yellow drawstrings that he was carrying on his back.
The weapon was described as military-style handgun that was black in color.
Hales Corners Police Department and the Franklin Police K9 Unit assisted in searching for the man, but he was not found.
Anyone with information about this armed robbery is asked to call the Greendale Police Department at (414) 423-2121.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale High School reaches new ACT average
- Greendale Education Foundation announces new calendar raffle fundraiser
- Greendale's Park and Recreation holds contest for new logo
- Greendale police searching for strong-arm robbery suspect
- Greendale police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Honeywell volunteers help repair Greendale veteran's home
- Greendale residents can receive free 'File of Life' documents from Health Department
- Greendale to share fire ladder truck with Hales Corners during emergencies (1)
- Greendale Fire Dept. approved for temporary relocation in safety center basement, village seeks bids (1)
- Greendale police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue