Greendale — Police are investigating an armed robbery at PNC Bank, 5499 S. 76th St., the morning of Aug. 6.
According to the Greendale police report:
An unidentified man entered the branch of PNC Bank at 11:27 a.m. Aug. 6, displayed a handgun and demanded money from a bank employee.
After receiving an undisclosed amount of money, the man left the bank on foot. He was last seen running west toward several apartment buildings.
He is described as a 5-foot-tall white or Hispanic male who wore a black bandanna to cover his face. He was wearing a red and black Milwaukee Brewers baseball hat with a white "M" on the front, long black pants and a black shirt. He placed the stolen money into a black bag with yellow drawstrings that he was carrying on his back.
The weapon was described as military-style handgun that was black in color.
Hales Corners Police Department and the Franklin Police K9 Unit assisted in searching for the man, but he was not found.
Anyone with information about this armed robbery is asked to call the Greendale Police Department at (414) 423-2121.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Corrections: July 2, 2015 issue
- Vacant Greendale police station has a varied, chaotic past (1)
- Greendale police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Greendale School District appoints new director of business services
- Greener pastures: Greendale Schools' Erin Green announces retirement
- Greendale police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- Greendale student elected 2015 Badger Boys State Governor
- Greendale Family 4th Fest begins July 2
- Bill Kewan chosen to fill vacant seat on Greendale's village board
- Canterbury Elementary recognized as a 'School of Merit' for its positive behavioral student program