Greendale School District renames renovated baseball field after Reiman Family Foundation
Greendale —Greendale High School's newly-renovated baseball field will be named in honor of the village's iconic Reiman family.
The "Reiman Family Field" was approved by the school board May 5, after receiving a recommendation by a designated committee.
"The Reiman Family Foundation has been very generous to Greendale schools," said Superintendent John Tharp. "We are grateful for their support in funding our fine arts wing renovation, new lockers for the high school, funding for the Gavinski Stadium turf and now this generous donation for the baseball field."
The district received a $250,000 donation this year for the field, which includes natural turf, new lights and other features.
The first game of the baseball season will be held on the new field May 24 at 7 p.m. An opening ceremony will begin before the game at 6:30 p.m.
Former Greendale baseball players also recommended naming the field after their coach, Robin Schrank, this March.
Since the alumni's request, the district has decided to pay tribute to all of its past coaches.
"The Reiman Family Foundation will be assisting us with developing signage that recognizes all the coaches of Panther baseball over time," Tharp said.
The field is located at Greendale High School, 6801 Southway.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police arrest 1 after neighbors attack each other about 'child behavior'
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Greendale scores 23.9 in ACT assessment
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Veterans memorial falls in face of Greendale School District opposition
- Greendale's Hay Days Fall Festival to be held this Saturday
- Video: Chick-fil-A has returned to roost in Greendale
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Greendale seeks public input on TIF proposal to revitalize downtown
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore