Greendale — The Greendale Veterans Memorial Committee will hold its first fundraiser for the memorial project on Saturday, May 31.
The proposed Greendale Veterans Memorial, which is expected to be built at the corner of Broad Street and Southway, will honor local veterans from all military branches.
The proposed location for the memorial is currently situated on Greendale High School property, across from the newly renovated baseball field.
Although development has not yet been authorized, the committee has begun fundraising for the memorial, which is estimated to cost between $220,000 and $250,000.
The lunch fundraiser will be hosted by the American Legion Post 416 and the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10519. The event will be held at the American Legion Post, located at 6351 W. Grange Ave., from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For an $8 donation, visitors will receive a sandwich, chips and soda. Raffles will also be held throughout the event.
For more information, contact Tim Baranzyk at (414) 628-7081 or Ken Kieck at (414) 421-8621.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Village of Greendale now accepting applicants for trustee vacancy
- Saint Stephen The Martyr Lutheran Church celebrates 50 years
- Greendale police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Gallery Night to showcase Greendale's student artwork
- 'My Kidneys' 5K event in Greendale to promote kidney health
- YEA! Greendale school program to recruit business-minded students
- Bus shelters coming to Bluemound Road in Brookfield
- Greendale police report: April 16, 2015 issue
- Greendale Veterans Memorial Committee to welcome back flags of support in ceremony
- Greendale Village Board hires architect to begin fire station location, design (1)