Greendale — The Greendale Veterans Memorial Committee will hold its first fundraiser for the memorial project on Saturday, May 31.
The proposed Greendale Veterans Memorial, which is expected to be built at the corner of Broad Street and Southway, will honor local veterans from all military branches.
The proposed location for the memorial is currently situated on Greendale High School property, across from the newly renovated baseball field.
Although development has not yet been authorized, the committee has begun fundraising for the memorial, which is estimated to cost between $220,000 and $250,000.
The lunch fundraiser will be hosted by the American Legion Post 416 and the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10519. The event will be held at the American Legion Post, located at 6351 W. Grange Ave., from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For an $8 donation, visitors will receive a sandwich, chips and soda. Raffles will also be held throughout the event.
For more information, contact Tim Baranzyk at (414) 628-7081 or Ken Kieck at (414) 421-8621.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale High School to host regional FBLA leadership conference
- Greendale police report: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- Robert Sweetgall, the 'real Forrest Gump,' to lead two public sessions in Greendale
- Private meetings regarding Greendale School District's John Tharp sparks concern
- Ferch's Malt Shoppe and Grille in Greendale unveils new theater room
- Greendale police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Forum evaluates six Greendale School Board candidates entering primary election
- Man arrested for burglarizing multiple Fountain Apartments
- Greendale police report: Jan. 15, 2015 issue
- Greendale Village President John Hermes will not run for re-election