Greendale — The Greendale Veterans Memorial Committee will hold its first fundraiser for the memorial project on Saturday, May 31.
The proposed Greendale Veterans Memorial, which is expected to be built at the corner of Broad Street and Southway, will honor local veterans from all military branches.
The proposed location for the memorial is currently situated on Greendale High School property, across from the newly renovated baseball field.
Although development has not yet been authorized, the committee has begun fundraising for the memorial, which is estimated to cost between $220,000 and $250,000.
The lunch fundraiser will be hosted by the American Legion Post 416 and the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10519. The event will be held at the American Legion Post, located at 6351 W. Grange Ave., from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For an $8 donation, visitors will receive a sandwich, chips and soda. Raffles will also be held throughout the event.
For more information, contact Tim Baranzyk at (414) 628-7081 or Ken Kieck at (414) 421-8621.
- Greendale police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Greendale to celebrate groundbreaking of new fire station
- Greendale 5K run/walk to raise awareness for kidney health
- Broadway star, Greendale native Sarah Pfisterer offers fundraiser concert for marching band
- Greendale police report: April 14, 2016 issue
- Volunteers needed to help spruce up Milwaukee County's historic Trimborn Farm
- Busalacchi defeats incumbents on Greendale Village Board (13)
- Greendale incumbents Slota, Kuzmanovic retain seats on school board