Greendale — The Greendale Veterans Memorial Committee will hold its first fundraiser for the memorial project on Saturday, May 31.
The proposed Greendale Veterans Memorial, which is expected to be built at the corner of Broad Street and Southway, will honor local veterans from all military branches.
The proposed location for the memorial is currently situated on Greendale High School property, across from the newly renovated baseball field.
Although development has not yet been authorized, the committee has begun fundraising for the memorial, which is estimated to cost between $220,000 and $250,000.
The lunch fundraiser will be hosted by the American Legion Post 416 and the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10519. The event will be held at the American Legion Post, located at 6351 W. Grange Ave., from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For an $8 donation, visitors will receive a sandwich, chips and soda. Raffles will also be held throughout the event.
For more information, contact Tim Baranzyk at (414) 628-7081 or Ken Kieck at (414) 421-8621.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale School Board to host special meeting for potential spring election candidates
- Greendale goes Emerald: High School Marching Band earns honors for Oz-based production
- American flags raised in support of veterans memorial to be removed during Greendale ceremony
- Greendale police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Greendale's annual Tree Lighting Ceremony set for November 28
- Greendale High School's FBLA chapter hosts 'Walk for Wellness' fundraiser for March of Dimes
- Greendale approves construction of new fire station, weighs site options
- West Bend man accused of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old Waukesha girl
- Greendale police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Good to the Bone: Commemorative police department motorcycle in Greendale recognized by national trade magazines