Greendale - This year's Annual Village Days Celebration, set for Friday through Sunday, will look a lot like past events with a few twists that signal the community's 75th anniversary in 2013.
One of those changes includes the sale of reproductions of the village's official anniversary image painted by local artist Jason Von Roo. While most will sell for $25, a few elect numbered prints (one through 10 and number 750 will be auctioned off at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Village Hall.
The other change involves allowing patrons to buy alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages, which they can carry with them to encourage mingling throughout the celebration grounds and village.
"We're trying this as a pilot to see if it will work," said Greg Turay, president of the Greendale Entertainment Association. "If it works, we will do carry it over to the 75th."
Village Days will feature the American Legion Post 416 Corn Roast, Greendale Lions Club Entertainment Area, Jazz on the Green, the Greenfield Entertainment Association Entertainment Area, beer gardens, parade and shopping in the village.
Friday festivities start at 4 p.m., and Saturday venues will open as early as 8 a.m.
Sunday activities begin at 11 a.m., with a parade kicking off at noon at Grange and Northway, through Broad Street and ending at Greendale High School.
For more information, visitwww.greendalecelebrations.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale School Board to vote on new interim superintendent
- Greendale man drowns in Minnesota boating accident
- Greendale police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- St. Alphonsus Parish to host 'Feast on the Blacktop'
- Village of Greendale takes ownership of land proposed for veterans memorial (3)
- Greendale police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- Greendale Community Theatre throws a musical 'Parade'
- Greendale Parks and Rec Committee calls for applications to fill vacant position (6)
- Greendale's original, defunct water tower comes down (3)
- Greendale police report: July 16, 2015 issue