Greendale - This year's Annual Village Days Celebration, set for Friday through Sunday, will look a lot like past events with a few twists that signal the community's 75th anniversary in 2013.
One of those changes includes the sale of reproductions of the village's official anniversary image painted by local artist Jason Von Roo. While most will sell for $25, a few elect numbered prints (one through 10 and number 750 will be auctioned off at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Village Hall.
The other change involves allowing patrons to buy alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages, which they can carry with them to encourage mingling throughout the celebration grounds and village.
"We're trying this as a pilot to see if it will work," said Greg Turay, president of the Greendale Entertainment Association. "If it works, we will do carry it over to the 75th."
Village Days will feature the American Legion Post 416 Corn Roast, Greendale Lions Club Entertainment Area, Jazz on the Green, the Greenfield Entertainment Association Entertainment Area, beer gardens, parade and shopping in the village.
Friday festivities start at 4 p.m., and Saturday venues will open as early as 8 a.m.
Sunday activities begin at 11 a.m., with a parade kicking off at noon at Grange and Northway, through Broad Street and ending at Greendale High School.
For more information, visitwww.greendalecelebrations.org.
- Greendale police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Greendale to celebrate groundbreaking of new fire station
- Greendale 5K run/walk to raise awareness for kidney health
- Broadway star, Greendale native Sarah Pfisterer offers fundraiser concert for marching band
- Greendale police report: April 14, 2016 issue
- Volunteers needed to help spruce up Milwaukee County's historic Trimborn Farm
- Busalacchi defeats incumbents on Greendale Village Board (13)
- Greendale incumbents Slota, Kuzmanovic retain seats on school board