A man who facing his third drunken driving arrest was captured by police after he attempted to flee during a traffic stop Jan. 12.
According to Oak Creek police reports:
The driver, a 30-year-old Oak Creek man, and his passenger both ran off after police pulled their car over in the 4100 block of East Studio Lane about 2:40 a.m. Jan 12. A foot chase ensued and police took both the driver and the passenger, a 37-year-old Oak Creek man, into custody a short time later.
The driver was arrested for third-offense drunken driving and third-offense driving with a revoked license. He also was cited for possession of marijuana after police found an orange pill bottle containing THC in the center console of his car during the arrest search. The passenger was arrested for resisting/obstructing an officer.
The driver was scheduled to appear in the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office this week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Former Timber Wolf Preservation property has a new owner looking to sell, lease
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Referendum will decide voting sites in Greendale
- Greendale School District retreats from veterans memorial, for now
- Greendale Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- A room of her own
- Concerns about polling places in schools leads to referendum question
- Greendale Police Report: July 10, 2014 issue
- Chick-fil-A chicken chain comes to Greendale
- Greendale Police Report: July 3, 2014 issue