Greendale — A 75-year-old West Allis man was arrested for having a replica grenade in his vehicle at Southridge Mall on Friday.
According to a statement from the Greendale Police Department:
A mall security officer noticed the grenade while placing a parking warning on the vehicle and called the Greendale Police Department.
Police evacuated and blocked off the area as the Milwaukee County Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit conducted an investigation, which determined the grenade to be a replica.
The man will be referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office for charging.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale library director to interview familiar mystery writer
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Greendale Gallery Night set for Oct. 16
- Greendale officially opens historic Hose Tower, new community center Oct. 25 (4)
- Greendale police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue (1)
- Umbrella-wielding man prompts lockdown at Greendale school
- Greendale police report: Sept. 24, 2015 issue
- Greendale's Hay Days Fall Festival begins Saturday morning
- Greendale School District's preliminary budget includes lower tax levy, tax rate (2)
- Lockdowns lifted from Canterbury, Greendale elementary schools