Greendale — A 75-year-old West Allis man was arrested for having a replica grenade in his vehicle at Southridge Mall on Friday.
According to a statement from the Greendale Police Department:
A mall security officer noticed the grenade while placing a parking warning on the vehicle and called the Greendale Police Department.
Police evacuated and blocked off the area as the Milwaukee County Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit conducted an investigation, which determined the grenade to be a replica.
The man will be referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office for charging.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Former Timber Wolf Preservation property has a new owner looking to sell, lease
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Referendum will decide voting sites in Greendale
- Greendale School District retreats from veterans memorial, for now
- Greendale Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- A room of her own
- Concerns about polling places in schools leads to referendum question
- Greendale Police Report: July 10, 2014 issue
- Chick-fil-A chicken chain comes to Greendale
- Greendale Police Report: July 3, 2014 issue