Greendale — A 75-year-old West Allis man was arrested for having a replica grenade in his vehicle at Southridge Mall on Friday.
According to a statement from the Greendale Police Department:
A mall security officer noticed the grenade while placing a parking warning on the vehicle and called the Greendale Police Department.
Police evacuated and blocked off the area as the Milwaukee County Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit conducted an investigation, which determined the grenade to be a replica.
The man will be referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office for charging.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Greendale Community Theatre's 'Spring Awakening' to address teenage issues, self-discovery
- Greendale's 2015 budget includes 1.2 percent increase in tax levy
- Greendale police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Greendale police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Greendale police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Have a 'Dickens of a Christmas' in Greendale on December 5
- Greendale School Board to host special meeting for potential spring election candidates
- Greendale goes Emerald: High School Marching Band earns honors for Oz-based production
- American flags raised in support of veterans memorial to be removed during Greendale ceremony