Greendale — A 75-year-old West Allis man was arrested for having a replica grenade in his vehicle at Southridge Mall on Friday.
According to a statement from the Greendale Police Department:
A mall security officer noticed the grenade while placing a parking warning on the vehicle and called the Greendale Police Department.
Police evacuated and blocked off the area as the Milwaukee County Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit conducted an investigation, which determined the grenade to be a replica.
The man will be referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office for charging.
- Greendale police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Greendale's Canterbury Elementary enters recycling contest to win new playground
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Race to the Parade fundraiser benefits Greendale marching band
- Greendale police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Greendale to celebrate groundbreaking of new fire station