Greendale — A 75-year-old West Allis man was arrested for having a replica grenade in his vehicle at Southridge Mall on Friday.
According to a statement from the Greendale Police Department:
A mall security officer noticed the grenade while placing a parking warning on the vehicle and called the Greendale Police Department.
Police evacuated and blocked off the area as the Milwaukee County Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit conducted an investigation, which determined the grenade to be a replica.
The man will be referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office for charging.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale Village Board shifts opinion, approves funding for Hose Tower completion
- Greendale School District approves lower tax levy for 2014-15
- Greendale Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Greendale officials to look at TIF option for redeveloping apartment complex
- Greendale's historic Hose Tower funding dries up, for now
- Greendale Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Greendale Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Greendale trustees rescind school polling place referendum
- Greendale Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Greendale announces new principal for Canterbury Elementary