A 58-year-old Franklin man was arrested for firing a gun through a bay window at a suspected prowler June 21.
According to the Franklin police report:
The prowler, a 34-year-old Milwaukee man, was apparently intoxicated when he mistakenly attempted to enter a home in the 8200 block of South 100th Street at 9:15 p.m. June 21.
When the resident heard the prowler, he fired a shot at the man through the bay window of his home. His wife called police while the homeowner held the man at gunpoint.
The intoxicated man was arrested for disorderly conduct, and the resident was arrested for recklessly endangering safety.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tracy Flater named Highland View's next principal
- Police Report: May 14
- In Our Schools: May 14
- Franklin honors outgoing library director
- Franklin High School evacuated due to unusual odor
- Local schools exceed state test results
- Oak Creek police arrest woman for providing escort services without license
- Oak Creek police search for repeat shoplifters who assaulted store employee
- Police Report: May 7
- Greendale High School on nation's most challenging schools list