Oak Creek - Police arrested a 19-year-old Milwaukee man Nov. 14 in connection with the robbery of a man he met through Craigslist on Oct. 26.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The 19-year-old arranged to meet a 24-year-old Milwaukee man in an unlit area at the entrance of Hy-View Mobile Home Park, 2539 W. Carroll Ave., the evening of Oct. 26. He said he was interested in buying two iPhones the older man had posted for sale on Craigslist.com.
While they were talking, three men walked toward the 24-year-old, one of them holding a club. One of the men yelled, "I'm gonna get you (expletive)," and the man got in his car and headed south on Interstate 94, with the others in pursuit.
The 24-year-old called the supposed buyer during the pursuit to ask him for an explanation as to why he stole his iPhones. The teen replied, "We will get you." The man exited the freeway on Rawson Avenue and the others continued driving south on I-94.
Oak Creek police have forwarded information regarding the arrest to the Milwaukee Police Department, which is investigating a similar incident that occurred in Milwaukee earlier the same day.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale police report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Greendale High School holds first induction ceremony to new Athletic Hall of Fame
- Greendale cupcake business seeks sweeter deal for home bakers: DCS Cupcakes, now on hiatus, advocates for statewide 'Cookie Bill' (6)
- Greendale police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Greendale School District announces names of candidates for superintendent position
- Greendale's annual 'I Left My Heart on Broad Street' to be held Feb. 13
- Southridge Mall to grant scholarships for nearby high school seniors, now accepting applications
- Southridge Mall's Starbucks closed for renovation, McDonald's closed for good (1)
- Early work begins on memorial site in Greendale (1)
- Greendale police report: Jan. 28, 2016 issue