Oak Creek - Police arrested a 19-year-old Milwaukee man Nov. 14 in connection with the robbery of a man he met through Craigslist on Oct. 26.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The 19-year-old arranged to meet a 24-year-old Milwaukee man in an unlit area at the entrance of Hy-View Mobile Home Park, 2539 W. Carroll Ave., the evening of Oct. 26. He said he was interested in buying two iPhones the older man had posted for sale on Craigslist.com.
While they were talking, three men walked toward the 24-year-old, one of them holding a club. One of the men yelled, "I'm gonna get you (expletive)," and the man got in his car and headed south on Interstate 94, with the others in pursuit.
The 24-year-old called the supposed buyer during the pursuit to ask him for an explanation as to why he stole his iPhones. The teen replied, "We will get you." The man exited the freeway on Rawson Avenue and the others continued driving south on I-94.
Oak Creek police have forwarded information regarding the arrest to the Milwaukee Police Department, which is investigating a similar incident that occurred in Milwaukee earlier the same day.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale Marching Band launches fundraiser for trip to Macy's Parade
- Corrections: July 2, 2015 issue
- Vacant Greendale police station has a varied, chaotic past (8)
- Greendale police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Greendale School District appoints new director of business services
- Greener pastures: Greendale Schools' Erin Green announces retirement
- Greendale police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- Greendale student elected 2015 Badger Boys State Governor
- Greendale Family 4th Fest begins July 2
- Bill Kewan chosen to fill vacant seat on Greendale's village board