Beatrice Salo, 82, of Greendale died yesterday after she was struck by a car while crossing the street, according to the Greendale Police Department.
Salo was struck about 7:48 p.m. Dec. 17 as she crossed Grange Avenue at 68th Street. Police officers and emergency medical personnel responded, but she was not responsive, a news release from the Police Department, issued today, states.
The driver of the vehicle, a 21-year-old West Allis man, is a delivery person who was working at the time, the release states. He told police that Salo was in the intersection, and that he had a green light. There is no indication that alcohol or controlled substances are involved.
Video surveillance from a traffic video camera shows Salo crossing Grange Avenue in the crosswalk wearing dark clothing. The traffic control signal for Grange Avenue was green as indicated by the driver.
There were no witnesses, but the Greendale Police Department investigation continues.
The Wisconsin State Patrol was called in for an accident reconstruction.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- YEA! Greendale student program seeks additional business partners
- Milwaukee County Historical Society to host Trimborn Heritage Weekend
- Greendale Marching Band to be featured in Colder's commercial
- Greendale students wage an artful war
- Greendale police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Greendale police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Greendale police report: May 7, 2015 issue
- Spring into Greendale event to be held May 9
- Greendale High School Marching Band earns spot in Macy's prestigious parade (1)
- Greendale voters approve transfer of school district property to village for proposed vet memorial (2)