Greendale police said crossing guard Karen Ziglinski, 62, has been hospitalized after she was hit by a vehicle driven by an 87-year-old West Allis woman.
According to police:
Ziglinski was helping students cross at Northway and Arrowood Street at 8:29 a.m. Oct. 2 when the vehicle struck her. She had moved into the street to clear the way for children and the children had not yet been waved into the roadway. She was the only one injured.
She was taken to Froedtert Hospital with what police say are "significant injuries." The driver was issued a citation for failing to obey a crossing guard sign.
Greendale Detective Jeremy Vlaj, who remembers Ziglinski since his early days on the force 13 years ago, said, "Karen is a great lady and we definitely want to see her have a speedy recovery. I want to see her back out there because I know she's important to a lot of people."
- Greendale's Canterbury Elementary enters recycling contest to win new playground
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Race to the Parade fundraiser benefits Greendale marching band
- Greendale police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Greendale police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Greendale to celebrate groundbreaking of new fire station
- Greendale 5K run/walk to raise awareness for kidney health