Greendale police said crossing guard Karen Ziglinski, 62, has been hospitalized after she was hit by a vehicle driven by an 87-year-old West Allis woman.
According to police:
Ziglinski was helping students cross at Northway and Arrowood Street at 8:29 a.m. Oct. 2 when the vehicle struck her. She had moved into the street to clear the way for children and the children had not yet been waved into the roadway. She was the only one injured.
She was taken to Froedtert Hospital with what police say are "significant injuries." The driver was issued a citation for failing to obey a crossing guard sign.
Greendale Detective Jeremy Vlaj, who remembers Ziglinski since his early days on the force 13 years ago, said, "Karen is a great lady and we definitely want to see her have a speedy recovery. I want to see her back out there because I know she's important to a lot of people."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- YEA! Greendale student program seeks additional business partners
- Milwaukee County Historical Society to host Trimborn Heritage Weekend
- Greendale Marching Band to be featured in Colder's commercial
- Greendale students wage an artful war
- Greendale police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Greendale police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Greendale police report: May 7, 2015 issue
- Spring into Greendale event to be held May 9
- Greendale High School Marching Band earns spot in Macy's prestigious parade (1)
- Greendale voters approve transfer of school district property to village for proposed vet memorial (2)