Greendale — A local man was placed into custody after a two-hour standoff with police Tuesday.
The Police Department received a call Tuesday morning after a man fired a pistol during a domestic dispute involving his mother and her boyfriend, Greendale Police Chief Robert Malasuk said.
The son, a 42-year-old man, had armed himself with a pistol and fired into the floor of the home, located in the 6000 block of Oakwood Lane.
The mother and her boyfriend fled the home and called police about 10:42 a.m. Police secured the scene and negotiated with the man via cellphone.
"He was taken into custody around 1 p.m. after our police negotiators talked to him over the phone, and he surrendered peacefully," Malasuk said.
No one was injured.
The man's mother and her boyfriend were interviewed at the police station, but were not detained, Malasuk said.
Police recovered the pistol and searched the residence for more weapons, but Malasuk did not know as of press deadline if more had been found.
Malasuk did not wish to speculate on the man's motive because the investigation remained ongoing.
The man's case will be referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Dec. 5
- Jake's Deli to open in Southridge Mall this month
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- Dickens of a Christmas returns to village
- Greendale man charged with groping deputy in Whitnall Park sex sting
- Police Report: Nov. 26
- Greendale vs. Monona Grove photo gallery now online
- Read social media story of Greendale's Division 3 football state title game
- Performance group promotes understanding, peer support
- Rodriguez wins District 21 election (1)