Greendale - A Greendale High School student was arrested and charged today for a threat that was found in the school's boy's restroom Sept. 20.
The threat indicated that something would happen in the ensuing three days. Nothing happened, but a joint investigation by the Greendale Police Department and the school district resulted in the arrest.
In a prepared statement, the district said the student will face "usual and customary discipline" up to and including expulsion. The student will not be allowed to return to the school until the situation is resolved.
"It is important to emphasize that no students at Greendale High School were in any imminent danger," Superintendent John Tharp said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Greendale Community Theatre's 'Spring Awakening' to address teenage issues, self-discovery
- Greendale's 2015 budget includes 1.2 percent increase in tax levy
- Greendale police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Greendale police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Greendale police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Have a 'Dickens of a Christmas' in Greendale on December 5
- Greendale School Board to host special meeting for potential spring election candidates
- Greendale goes Emerald: High School Marching Band earns honors for Oz-based production
- American flags raised in support of veterans memorial to be removed during Greendale ceremony