Greendale - A Greendale High School student was arrested and charged today for a threat that was found in the school's boy's restroom Sept. 20.
The threat indicated that something would happen in the ensuing three days. Nothing happened, but a joint investigation by the Greendale Police Department and the school district resulted in the arrest.
In a prepared statement, the district said the student will face "usual and customary discipline" up to and including expulsion. The student will not be allowed to return to the school until the situation is resolved.
"It is important to emphasize that no students at Greendale High School were in any imminent danger," Superintendent John Tharp said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Greendale officials to look at TIF option for redeveloping apartment complex
- Greendale's historic Hose Tower funding dries up, for now
- Greendale Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Greendale Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Greendale trustees rescind school polling place referendum
- Greendale Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Greendale announces new principal for Canterbury Elementary
- Greendale Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Greendale School Board OKs schools for general election