Greendale - A Greendale High School student was arrested and charged today for a threat that was found in the school's boy's restroom Sept. 20.
The threat indicated that something would happen in the ensuing three days. Nothing happened, but a joint investigation by the Greendale Police Department and the school district resulted in the arrest.
In a prepared statement, the district said the student will face "usual and customary discipline" up to and including expulsion. The student will not be allowed to return to the school until the situation is resolved.
"It is important to emphasize that no students at Greendale High School were in any imminent danger," Superintendent John Tharp said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin's EDC remains clouded in political dust-up
- Alverno students learn teaching techniques through Greendale partnership
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Police arrest 1 after neighbors attack each other about 'child behavior'
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Greendale scores 23.9 in ACT assessment
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Veterans memorial falls in face of Greendale School District opposition
- Greendale's Hay Days Fall Festival to be held this Saturday
- Video: Chick-fil-A has returned to roost in Greendale