Greendale - A Greendale High School student was arrested and charged today for a threat that was found in the school's boy's restroom Sept. 20.
The threat indicated that something would happen in the ensuing three days. Nothing happened, but a joint investigation by the Greendale Police Department and the school district resulted in the arrest.
In a prepared statement, the district said the student will face "usual and customary discipline" up to and including expulsion. The student will not be allowed to return to the school until the situation is resolved.
"It is important to emphasize that no students at Greendale High School were in any imminent danger," Superintendent John Tharp said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale man drowns in Minnesota boating accident
- Greendale police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- St. Alphonsus Parish to host 'Feast on the Blacktop'
- Village of Greendale takes ownership of land proposed for veterans memorial (3)
- Greendale police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- Greendale Community Theatre throws a musical 'Parade'
- Greendale Parks and Rec Committee calls for applications to fill vacant position (6)
- Greendale's original, defunct water tower comes down (3)
- Greendale police report: July 16, 2015 issue
- Greendale shops for new development plan for part of mall (2)